ZSmoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    If it's a "ZCOMBO" then it is Z-Wave. It's tricky to add to the network. You need to press the test button just after pressing Add on your Z-Troller (or Z-Stick). Don't hold the button pressed. This causes the ZSMOKE to 'forget' it's network settings. The ZSMOKE will only be awake for 30 seconds at a time. It may take several tries to add successfully. Then you need to ReScan it using HS. Again pressing the Test button. If on HS2, you'll need to manually add the associations to HS... again pressing the test button.
    If everything is successful, you'll see the status last change update about once every 65 minutes.
    Thanks so much. When I read about setting it up I missed the part about holding the test button down while putting the batteries in.

You are right, that I held it too long so now it doesn't say smoke, fire etc but at least it added.

Not sure why but it added about 4 nodes for some reason.3,6,37 and 39.

Actually added it to my HS2 Hometroller on an old version like 2.0.0.25 and it picked it up.

Have to go drive in a Christmas parade so will play with it some more when I get back tonight.

Thanks again for your help...Sonny
    Last edited by buvens; December 15, 2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I was able to associate 3 of the ZCombos to my HS2 successfully. I'd like to be able to get an email/text if the alarm is activated. I'm afraid I am not adept at scripting (would love to try out the posted VB script, but don't even know where to start). It seems the only thing I can do with events is have a Device Value Change trigger on the Alarm child set to Any. The issue is that every 61 minutes each ZCombo wakes up, triggering the value change and the message, which is incorrect.

Hopefully someone much smarter than me will figure out a way to do this simply! I may someday break down and move to HS3 which might make this easier, but not quite ready to take that plunge.

Comment

Originally posted by mdavison View Post
        I was able to associate 3 of the ZCombos to my HS2 successfully. I'd like to be able to get an email/text if the alarm is activated. I'm afraid I am not adept at scripting (would love to try out the posted VB script, but don't even know where to start). It seems the only thing I can do with events is have a Device Value Change trigger on the Alarm child set to Any. The issue is that every 61 minutes each ZCombo wakes up, triggering the value change and the message, which is incorrect.

Hopefully someone much smarter than me will figure out a way to do this simply! I may someday break down and move to HS3 which might make this easier, but not quite ready to take that plunge.
        All of the necessary instructions for using my script are embedded at the beginning of the file. If you want to receive an email, you could add:
        hs.TriggerEvent("Send ZSMoke Email")
        to any of the case sections. You could use as many events as you like for different conditions. The event to send the email "Send ZSmoke Email" can be named anything you like (but has to match this statement), should have a "Manual" Trigger, and as an action -- "Send Email". The rest is up to you.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          I have both a ZSmoke and ZCombo on my Zee. The only events I have written so far are to alert me on battery < 20%. If you havent already, run zhealth for about an hour each night in case it's losing its routing when reporting the battery level.
          I have seen the status 12 for an alarm, but still haven't set up the alerts myself as I have been intending. I thought I saw a list somewhere else, but not finding it now. I really need to set this up (especially the battery notice). . .would like to remind when it gets to like 30% (is this the value I set it to monitor for?). Is there a zhealth equivalent for the Zee?

Comment

Hi all,

Are these fire alarms still available? The link to Lowe's posted earlier (http://www.lowes.com/pd_505522-347-Z...ductId=4780111) doesn't show any in stock. I searched Amazon and looked at the First Alert website and don't see them anywhere else.

Thanks
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I saw them in store last week. Never looked online.

Comment

Yes they are still available.
                Search on lowes : zsmoke

Item #: 505522
                Model #: ZSMOKE

Tom
                Tom
                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

As far as finding them anywhere else, you won't. They're a Lowe's US exclusive.

Comment

Thanks, I should be going to the US in a month or two, so will try to pick some up then. Can you take them on a plane, or will the sensors in them cause issues at security?

Wadenut, if I do, do you want me to bring some back for you and send them to you?

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                      Yep, it sent out "Type 13, Level 255" after exactly one hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      I noticed the type 13 level 255 is sent every hour. Seems like a waste of battery, but i suppose iris is using this as an unofficial wake up to use to check the battery level.

So I use it to send a poll of the battery once a day. Im to lazy to get a ladder every week and test the two on my 12' ceiling, but will do the rest i can reach easy. I guess i could get a long stick to push the test button.

When the type 13 level 255 is sent the zsmoke wakes long enough to poll the battery. I just made a script to poll the battery level once a day between 1300 and 1440 when the type 13 level 255 is received.

Oh a disclaimer is im using a leviton vrcop for this not hs.

Comment

Actually, the battery seems to report on its own whenever the level actually changes. Mine last reported 85% at 2/22/2014 7:06:13 AM. I've never polled the detector at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                          Actually, the battery seems to report on its own whenever the level actually changes. Mine last reported 85% at 2/22/2014 7:06:13 AM. I've never polled the detector at all.
                          Ok thanks I guess i will stop polling it and see if it reports battery on its own.

I dont understand why the type 13 level 255 sends every hour then. Seems waste of battery.
                          Last edited by johnlaroux; February 26, 2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Can someone give me an idiots guide to getting a ZCOMBO to be picked up by HS2? I've done my usual steps, deleted it first, add it back in, any my ZTROLLER just doesn't seem to want to find it. The only success I've had with it, is scaring the cats every time I pull and replace the batteries and the alarm sounds.

G

Comment

Slide the battery tray to the "battery replacement" position. Now press the "test" button and hold it down. Then slide the battery tray back into installed position. As soon as the tray is pushed in, the unit should chirp once. After it does this, immediately stop pressing the test button. The unit is now in z-wave inclusion mode. Go to the appropriate setup screen in Homeseer to "add node". You have 30 seconds from the time the smoke alarm chirps after you install the battery tray to press "add node" in Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by skowal View Post
                                Now press the "test" button and hold it down.
                                Thanks, that's the bit I was missing. Installed first time. Now to get the associations set.

G.

Comment

Working...
                                X