No announcement yet.

ZSmoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caveat emptor regarding zsmoke: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=29

Comment

Hi folks,

I thought that I would share my HS3 compatible script that I am using for my ZCOMBO's. My thanks to the many posters in this thread, and especially to Wadenut for his example script.

To use it, I've created individual events for each ZCOMBO notification child, and each battery child. When the value of either is set or changed, the script is called with a single parameter specified in the event's Parameter field... specifically, the full address string as shown in the 'Address' column on the Homeseer server home page for the child device. The battery child also specifies the 'Battery' method in the event's 'Sub or Function' field to execute within the script. The following snapshots should help:

Click image for larger version

Name:	zcombo_notification.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1173987

Name:	zcombo_battery.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1173988

Be sure to remove the '.txt' extension from the name of the attached script. Also, be sure to edit the script to change the email addresses, and change the battLevel constant to whatever battery level you wish to start receiving email notifications (the default is 15%).

While you could certainly create battery level events directly via the Homeseer interface, I use the script so that I can receive email messages containing detailed device information and the actual battery level for the given device.

Interestingly, I found slightly different notification values than what are described by others in this thread. For example, when a manual test is run ...the initial event received is a double value in the form of Type.Level, or 12.255 for a manual test (as others have found). However, when the test is complete, CAPIGetStatus returns simply 0, or apparently just the level. The same is true using a hs.DeviceValueEx call. I haven't found a way to retrieve the event type via the API when this occurs (so far), so I needed to come up with a means to save the last event type. I decided to utilize dynamically created and uniquely named (one for each smoke detector) global variables to save the last event type received. My assumption at this point is that when an 'On' event occurs for a manual test (or smoke detected, or CO detected) and that the subsequent event received will be an 'Off' event (the test ended, or that smoke/CO has cleared). My further assumption is that no other events will be sent/processed during a test or smoke/CO detected event. Comments/suggestions would be most welcome.

By the way, my local Lowe's has recently manufactured ZCOMBO's ...mine were manufactured on Jan. 27, 2014, just a bit over 3 months prior to when I purchased them. At least with the local Lowe's store, they seem to be doing well with the Iris line.

zcombo2.vb.txt

Comment

Looks great! :-) Should this work with Zee?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          Looks great! :-) Should this work with Zee?
          Thanks. I don't own a Zee controller, but assuming that it can run vb scripts, then I would think that it would work just fine.

Comment

zsmoke multiple device linking

So I went to lowes this weekend and purchased 2 zsmokes and 1 zcombo. They went into HS3 perfectly to my surprise since these devices seem to be only meant for the iris system. I setup events for when the devices are either tested or an actual alarm happens they will send me a email which works perfectly. I did not have to setup any special scripts or anything I just used the events page to make them. My only problem now is how do you make the other detectors beep when a different one goes off??? I want them to all sound at once so if one in the basement goes off it sounds the ones upstairs just like the original smoke detectors that are installed in my house. I looked at the manuals for the other wireless first alert detectors and followed those instructions to link these but it did not work. I hope someone has figured this out already!!

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

I haven't gotten to creating the rules yet. Did you tally a list of the codes? Also want to email on battery level threshold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGr View Post
                My only problem now is how do you make the other detectors beep when a different one goes off??? I want them to all sound at once so if one in the basement goes off it sounds the ones upstairs just like the original smoke detectors that are installed in my house. I looked at the manuals for the other wireless first alert detectors and followed those instructions to link these but it did not work. I hope someone has figured this out already!!
                These devices don't support a status trigger capability, so you can't trigger theses via scripts or events (or at least I haven't found a means to do so).

What I've elected to do is to utilize the z-wave sirens (available at Lowe's) that I have already installed for my door sensors. You can create an event that turns the sirens on when the smoke detector senses smoke/CO.

Not ideal, but does the job ...

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                  I haven't gotten to creating the rules yet. Did you tally a list of the codes? Also want to email on battery level threshold.
                  The only device type/level codes that I am aware of are documented in this thread and included in the script that I posted.

You actually don't need a script to send an email when the battery hit's a specific threshold. The script that I posted included the battery code because at the time I wasn't aware that I could embed the actual battery level in the email text using a standard Homeseer event...something I wanted to do and my script handled fine. I've since discovered that event email text supports substitution variables, so I can indeed send the actual level in the email text.

Here's a snapshot of the event:

Name:	zcombo_battery_event.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1174451

Comment

FYI ...since upgrading from version 3.0.0.68 of the z-wave plugin, there is no way to trigger an event on the 'heartbeat' notification sent every hour or so from these smoke detectors (Type.Level is 13.255). It worked fine in 3.0.0.68, but not in any version since.

I submitted a bug HERE.

Comment

Not working for me...need some advice!

OK... having issues adding these (I tried two). I keep getting:

Code:
                      Found node 110. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node. 
                      Failed to get basic node information from new node 110, cannot continue to load this node.
                      I tried doing a DEL and then doing an ADD still not working. I tried doing it as fast as I can to be with in the 30 Secs. No luck.

Here is what I am now doing: With battery tray out, press and hold "Test", put tray in, BEEP, let go of button (green led on ZCombo flashing). Press ADD on Z-Troller. Shows 110 as added. Quickly (within the 30 secs) press "Import Device" on PC "Manage Z-Wave Management" and that is when I get the message above.

I am using HS2 Pro (ver. 2.5.0.81) and a Z-Troller. Any ideas?

If it is just a matter of retries, do I need to DEL it each time or can I just do "ADD"s until I get lucky?

Thanks.

Comment

I was sucessful with one doing it that way. The other I had to add via the z-wave add node method...
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

After the Add and you see a node on the z-troller, then do the following (no need to hurry).
                          Go to the screen to import and wait there.
                          Slide the battery tray out, then back in (without holding down the test button).
                          Now click import.

Sliding the battery tray in keeps it in wakeup for ~10 mins.
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Some Sucess

I could not get the Z-Wave Add Node method to work for me (not sure if I was doing it right). But after another Del and Add and using the push the tray in and hitting the "Import Device" button right away, I got one to Add. Did the same on the second and it added just the "Interface Battery Level" as 112. I did a re-scan on that, which seemed to bring in the other parts, but the titles are strange (see image below). You think it will work the same or do I need to delete it and re-Add and hope it Adds?

Comment

If in doubt, delete all root nodes and retry. If you start building events then have to delete/readd, there will be more work with rebuilding events.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I am a little nervous to have to try and add this one again. Is there a good way to do a good test? If it is working, I'll just rename the titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X