No announcement yet.

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been following the ET discussion, but have you guys seen this: RainBird ET Irrigation Scheduling

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
      I haven't been following the ET discussion, but have you guys seen this: RainBird ET Irrigation Scheduling
      Interesting. I am glad Rain Bird is making an effort to help people control the amount of water they are using. It appears their system isn't sophisticated enough to calculate on a daily basis how much to use. But rather uses a seasonal amount to help. Sounds fine. I would wager that we will see a stepped up rate of using ET in most brands of sprinkler controllers. It's just too easy and beneficial to use ET.

A friend of mine is fixin to buy the OpenSprinkler controller. But he needs 9 zones and tells me the controller is only good for 8. Assuming this is correct, what should he do?

Comment

Originally posted by frankc View Post
        A friend of mine is fixin to buy the OpenSprinkler controller. But he needs 9 zones and tells me the controller is only good for 8. Assuming this is correct, what should he do?
        Buy an expansion board. They are good for up to 32 zones I think.

Comment

I've just made enhancements to the OpenSprinkler Plugin.

Version 1.0.2.0
          - Added new device called "Watering Percent" which adjusts every schedule duration by the percentage.

I haven't loaded it up yet because I'm half way through version 1.0.3.0 which will add the ability to set the duration for each program via the plugin interface.

For the ET conscious guys, your ET calculation scripts then just need to write to the device for program zone durations. I will post up more info when I'm finished.

Cheers.
          Matt.

ps. It sure helps when you don't have to delete your devices each time there is an update... (an earlier bug-fix I made).

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
            Buy an expansion board. They are good for up to 32 zones I think.
            Do you know whether the expansion board is a Raspberry Pi? I mentioned your response to him and he said he could do that.

Comment

Added new device called "Watering Percent" which adjusts every schedule duration by the percentage.

For the ET conscious guys, your ET calculation scripts then just need to write to the device for program zone durations. I will post up more info when I'm finished.
              Great work MattyJee! Lots of people will appreciate your efforts. jbbtex's link posted above mentioned RainBird's ET efforts to use the percentage technique too. I had originally written my script to return a 'watering ratio' to an HS virtual device. I figured a plugin like yours would then look at that virtual device to obtain its ratio before actually controlling the sprinklers. But then I changed the output of the script to select one of ten pre-written schedules. The percentage calculation can be put back in easily.

Comment

Expansion zone is purchased from the supplier of the main Opensprinkler controller http://rayshobby.net/cart/osexp

Anyway, I've finished my work on Version 1.0.3.0

You have choice of watering ratio for all zones, or you can set the watering time for each program individually. I'm going to leave that for people to do outside of the plugin, it is easy enough with custom script. For example, to set the watering time of Program 5 to 11 minutes you simply include the single line
                hs.setdevicevalue("OS-Program5", 11)
                Or to set watering ratio to 90% you would use
                hs.setdevicevalue("OS-Water%", 95).

Refer to first post of this thread for release notes, executable, and source code.

Cheers.
                Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by frankc View Post
                  They have downloadable solar radiation readings available
                  I heard back from the website owner. He says he's using WeatherCat software from Trixology to post info to the website, and he believes it is based on Weather Display. Apparently that software constellation is such that it's not immediately obvious how to configure the display of ET data, but he says it's something he would like to look into in the near future. I suppose if anyone here happened to know which software levers to pull, it might speed up the process.

Comment

New version 1.0.4.0 fixes a major bug in the last version. Also added in some hardcore debugging capabilities.

Comment

OpenSprinkler firmware version 2.1.0 has been released

Now has integrated weather control using WU data.

OpenSprinkler 2.1.0

API documentation

Comment

Now that I've installed the new OS firmware update, the plug-in is broken.

The data that existed on the OS UI web pages is no longer there. This is all you get on the index page:
                        Code:
                        <!DOCTYPE html>
                        <html>
                        <head>
                        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,user-scalable=no">
                        </head>
                        <body>
                        <script>var ver=210,ipas=0;</script>
                        <script src="http://ui.opensprinkler.com/js/home.js"></script>
                        </body>
                        </html>
                        You'll now have to request data using HTTP GET commands and then parse the JSON formatted data.

Matty - I got your reply to my message. You can email me at: brady dot bass at gmail dot com

Comment

I was afraid of that.

I'm still on old firmware and that still produces the JSON strings, so updating the plugin for 2.1.0 should still allow older firmware to communicate (although i will update anyway).

It won't be hard to update the plugin - just a bit of time to change the old Regex.match terms to match the new output. There is opportunity to do proper JSON stuff here, but using Regex.match still works fine.

I'm vpn-ing home at the moment so I can send you the source files. Check your email in a few minutes. I wont have time to update it for two weeks (going away for work) so feel free to have a go yourself.

Cheers.
                          Matt.

Comment

It's a shame that Ray still hasn't adopted a real REST API. Early on in my BeakerRain plugin software updates broke the integration since I was having to parse HTML responses.

Anyway, it looks like you've added quite a bit to your plugin that I never even planned for mine. I think I might drop BeakerRain and move to your plugin. Anybody out there still using BeakerRain and don't want to move to this new plugin instead? Let me know.
                            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I was afraid of that.

I'm still on old firmware and that still produces the JSON strings, so updating the plugin for 2.1.0 should still allow older firmware to communicate (although i will update anyway).

It won't be hard to update the plugin - just a bit of time to change the old Regex.match terms to match the new output. There is opportunity to do proper JSON stuff here, but using Regex.match still works fine.

I'm vpn-ing home at the moment so I can send you the source files. Check your email in a few minutes. I wont have time to update it for two weeks (going away for work) so feel free to have a go yourself.

Cheers.
                              Matt.
                              I tried to do proper JSON, but can't get System.Web.Extensions to load in the project. I think it's because I'm using VB Express 2010 and not the full Visual Studio.

I'll see what I can do with regex.

Comment

Just remember to use "" instead of " within the string. See the water% Case within SetIOMulti for an example that works.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X