No announcement yet.

Aeon Labs LED Bulb - Model number: ZW098

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these bulbs are a little to large for some of my applications. Any recommendations for similar bulbs that are smaller (shorter)

Comment

Originally posted by mike_1103 View Post
      I created a small Excel spreadsheet to compute parameters 37 and 38. It's a One Pager that is self explanatory.

Hope it helps!
      THANK YOU! This spreadsheet is a life saver...thanks again!
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

i will get these eventually...

my front lights I replace every holiday to a different color..

now i could do green between the garage doors and red on front porch... then next night swap them.. or change it per hr...

for xmas of course
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
          i will get these eventually...

my front lights I replace every holiday to a different color..

now i could do green between the garage doors and red on front porch... then next night swap them.. or change it per hr...

for xmas of course
          Exactly, that will be a very cool use. But I would not use them for general room lighting again.

Comment

Originally posted by btorrenga View Post
            Exactly, that will be a very cool use. But I would not use them for general room lighting again.
            then i was thinking of having one.. go blue for im almost home and dinner should be on the table in 10 minutes...

yellow... my laundry is done and my honey needs to fold it..

wait I dont think this is a +WAF
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by mike_1103 View Post
              I created a small Excel spreadsheet to compute parameters 37 and 38. It's a One Pager that is self explanatory.

Hope it helps!
              Your spreadsheet is awesome!! But I think there's something wrong with the first byte. When I try to use the fade in/fade out transition Homeseer shows "-1" when the number is copied. I believe this is because the first bit is "1" in binary which represents a negative number. I'm not sure if that's an issue with Homeseer or if I'm doing something wrong. Everything the spreadsheet does seems to be in line with the Aeon Labs documentation.

Anybody have any input?

Edit: Ok got it figured out. Homeseer wants a signed integer. The spreadsheet doesn't account for this so I used an online calculator I found. I'll try to update the spreadsheet if it's not too hard to adapt the formula.

Here's an example which fades in and out between selected colors: http://www.binaryconvert.com/result_...cimal=8200FE00

Spreadsheet says this: 2181103104 but it should be this -2113864192
              Last edited by joey52685; November 21, 2015, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                Your spreadsheet is awesome!!
                Thank you very much!

Edit: Ok got it figured out. Homeseer wants a signed integer. The spreadsheet doesn't account for this so I used an online calculator I found. I'll try to update the spreadsheet if it's not too hard to adapt the formula.
                Good catch! I've updated the spreadsheet.

The logic looks like this:

Code:
                If unsigned_value <= 2147483647

then signed_value = unsigned_value 

else signed_value = unsigned_value - 4294967296
                Here's an example which fades in and out between selected colors: http://www.binaryconvert.com/result_...cimal=8200FE00

Spreadsheet says this: 2181103104 but it should be this -2113864192
                Try the new spreadsheet, it should work.

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Quick question for you guys. I'm using Homeseer Pro 2.5.0.49. I can control this LED bulb via the device page in the web control panel under the device's configure page. I can set the parameters 37, and 38 here. i can control all functions like this.

However, under the status page, I can only set on/off/dim. And under the events, I do not see a way to add an event action that sets a device parameter.

How can I fully utilize this device with the homeseer version I'm running? Thanks!

Comment

I've got the bulb to flash randomly and change colors smoothly but how the heck to I get it to turn on Purple, or Pinkish? Just single colors. I would like to do this with an event. Any ideas?
                    Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Am I getting this correctly? You have to choose either warm white, cold white or RGB? I can't find a way to blend colors. Also, the "warm" white, is very bluish, and (the way I see it) unusable for general room lighting.

When entering color cycle mode, I can barely see that the second white to appear is colder than the first. If I were presented with one of them and were to guess, I'd be at a loss, I have to see them in succession. Am I getting this right? The aeon's warm white is supposed to be 25??K, but the color temperature seems very much higher (i.e. the light is colder) than the Domitech 2700K LED bulb I bought simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                        I've got the bulb to flash randomly and change colors smoothly but how the heck to I get it to turn on Purple, or Pinkish? Just single colors. I would like to do this with an event. Any ideas?
                        You need to turn off Cold White and Warm White channels, and set the values of Red, Green and Blue Channels separately.

As an example, I have this one that I use to turn a lamp in my daughter's room to Pink when it's time to go to bed:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by diderikfrom View Post
                          Am I getting this correctly? You have to choose either warm white, cold white or RGB? I can't find a way to blend colors.
                          You're right, see post #26 above.

Originally posted by diderikfrom View Post
                          Also, the "warm" white, is very bluish, and (the way I see it) unusable for general room lighting.

When entering color cycle mode, I can barely see that the second white to appear is colder than the first. If I were presented with one of them and were to guess, I'd be at a loss, I have to see them in succession. Am I getting this right? The aeon's warm white is supposed to be 25??K, but the color temperature seems very much higher (i.e. the light is colder) than the Domitech 2700K LED bulb I bought simultaneously.
                          Same here. On the box they state: Perfect whites 2580K to 7050K. I'm not able to replicate a +/-3000K white to match incandescent lighting. Not sure if it is a design problem or if I'm missing something, but I'm certainly not happy about it...

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us. At the moment I'm keeping this bulb in the laundry room where I can tolerate car park-lighting.

(At least you can set a parameter and thereby use your existing switch to turn the bulb on/off. That way, I needn't place a micromodule behind the switch. I spring loaded the switch, so it's always on.)

Comment

My wife hates these bulbs, if you figure out how to duplicate an incandescent light please post

Comment

Originally posted by seriksen View Post
                                My wife hates these bulbs, if you figure out how to duplicate an incandescent light please post
                                No success on my side yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X