This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherBug Free Plans Phased Out in 30 Days

By now, everyone that uses UltraWeatherBug3 should have received an e-mail from the Pulse API Team <apisupport@weatherbug.com>:

free plans will be phased out in the next 30 days. After the 30-day period, free access to the API will be terminated.

To ensure uninterrupted access to Pulse API, you must select and pay for your plan no later than August 30, 2015.

In the next couple of days, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set your password to access the Pulse API portal.

In the meantime, take some time to review the new Pulse API User Information click here. It provides step-by-step instructions on how to access the API Portal, locate your subscription key, make API calls, make changes to your subscription and more.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
    Thank you
    ~The Pulse API Team
    If you plan on continuing to use UltraWeatherBug3, you'll need to sign up for their $20 a month plan. You can also pay a year in advance and receive a 10% discount ($216 per year).

For those that don't want to shell out $216 per year, I'll be releasing a weather plug-in that will use the wunderground.com API. They offer a free tier for personal use. I have read though their terms and conditions and I wasn't able to find anything that prevents the use of the free API key in my application.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

+1
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Thank you! Looking for to a WU version.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Does this also apply for hs2?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Does this also apply for hs2?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          It is highly unlikely that I'll be doing any further updates to my HS2 plug-ins. I no longer have the Visual Studio version I used to develop the HS2 plug-ins installed.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultra,

I never ported the WeatherBug plugin forward from HS2 because of stations WeatherBug offers are to far from my place to make it accurate.

I do recall when configuring MCS Irrigation there was a option for a weather api that accumulated its data from end users weather stations. This was very attractive as it increased the potential of closer weather stations, and in my case as close as 500 yards of our home.

If I'll find that api I'll post back, but I do recall the api is free.

Charlie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I am using the WeatherBug plugin under HS2, does this mean there is no point in me paying for the WeatherBug subscription because the existing plugin won't work with it anyway (and won't be upgraded to do so)? Please advise, Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Dhuras View Post
                I am using the WeatherBug plugin under HS2, does this mean there is no point in me paying for the WeatherBug subscription because the existing plugin won't work with it anyway (and won't be upgraded to do so)? Please advise, Thank You!
                I guess it depends on the demand. Counting you, I am aware of 2. If I did make the modifications, I would need to distribute just an exe file because I no longer have a means of building the installer.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

For those that have UltraWeatherBug2 for HS2 and want to continue to pay WeatherBug for the service, I'll look to see if I can make the modifications to support their new API and release an update. I'll have to locate my older Visual Studio 2008 program so I can add the .exe file to the installer.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Would really appreciate that, I have been very happy with the WeatherBug plug-in as I use it for a variety of things (turning on snow melters when there is snow currently or in forecast, shutting down inflatables when windspeed exceeds a specific threshold; closing/opening HVAC venting depending on outside temperature..)

Comment

The UltraWeatherBug2 HSPI updates are complete. I am now trying to figure out how to package them in the installer.

If you want the updates now, please send an e-mail to ultrajones@hotmail.com and I'll send you the .dll and .aspx files with instructions on how to install.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                        Thanks Ultra,

I never ported the WeatherBug plugin forward from HS2 because of stations WeatherBug offers are to far from my place to make it accurate.

I do recall when configuring MCS Irrigation there was a option for a weather api that accumulated its data from end users weather stations. This was very attractive as it increased the potential of closer weather stations, and in my case as close as 500 yards of our home.

If I'll find that api I'll post back, but I do recall the api is free.

Charlie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                        Its the same weather site you first indicated in post 1.

I'm totally for this and please do update on release of the new plugin or modified one.

Thanks

Charlie
                        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

The UltraWeatherBug2 HSPI updates to support the new WeatherBug API are complete and the updates were posted to the HomeSeer updater.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

The UltraWeather3 HSPI that uses Weather Underground is complete. I am now focusing on the hardest part (the icons).

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Many Thanks !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X