Z-Wave PI PluginFunctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave PI PluginFunctions

Is there a list of PluginFunction calls for the Z-Wave PI?
    What I want to do is test connectivity of a Parent device from within a plug-in.

I don't seem to have uncovered anything from Google searches.

Thanks,
    Steve

You can poll a device using this code here:

PHP Code:
    Dim PollResult As New HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PollResultInfo
            PollResult 
    hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave""""PollDevice", {dvRef}) 
    Substitute dvRef for the device reference of the device you are wanting to poll/

Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but hopefully might do the needed (or at least set you on the right track).
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      You can poll a device using this code here:

PHP Code:
      Dim PollResult As New HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PollResultInfo
              PollResult 
      hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave""""PollDevice", {dvRef}) 
      Substitute dvRef for the device reference of the device you are wanting to poll/

Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but hopefully might do the needed (or at least set you on the right track).
      Thanks Nicolai, that's a good starting point. I will do some experimenting.

Are you aware of any other Z-Wave PluginFunctions? I have seen a thread about Configuration_Set and Configuration_Get but there must be others, some of which may be useful.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
        Thanks Nicolai, that's a good starting point. I will do some experimenting.

Are you aware of any other Z-Wave PluginFunctions? I have seen a thread about Configuration_Set and Configuration_Get but there must be others, some of which may be useful.

Steve
        Look at the Event Zwave Actions, you'll see them there (as well as others). Any reason you're wanting to script/code the actions rather than use an event?

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          Look at the Event Zwave Actions, you'll see them there (as well as others). Any reason you're wanting to script/code the actions rather than use an event?

Z
          Not all are available as scripting calls (setting door lock codes as one example). I don't know of any more than the ones that are posted in this thread already.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
            Any reason you're wanting to script/code the actions rather than use an event?

I want to call them from within a plug-in.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
              I want to call them from within a plug-in.

Steve
              Like Al says, it's a bit problematic. I've never seen a list nor been able to match up each Event Zwave action with a corresponding function within the Zwave plugin. You might give HST a call and see if they have that info available.

Z

Comment

Try importing the HSPI_ZWave.exe file into your VB project in Visual Studio. Then you should be able to browse the file and it might reveal more functions to you.
                Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                  Try importing the HSPI_ZWave.exe file into your VB project in Visual Studio. Then you should be able to browse the file and it might reveal more functions to you.
                  I've done that before and I haven't been able to find anything additional.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've asked HST about this and they aren't interested in giving out any scripting references. I forget the what they said but wasn't the answer I wanted to hear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I am looking for the fuction to audit a network from ascript, to regularry check if one of the zwave modules is malfunctioning

Bart
                      Regards Bart
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                      HSPRO 3.
                      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
                      X