Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot seem to get sendir script to work - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot seem to get sendir script to work - Solved!

I have not had any luck getting the following to work.

&hs.PluginFunction("BLUSBUIRT","","SendIR",New Object(){"Technics_Receiver","Power"})

I get the following error message in the log.

Script Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("BLUSBUIRT","","SendIR",New Object(){"Technics_Receiver","Power"}), init error: Expected end of statement

I can send the IR command from within the plug-in page and it works fine. I just cannot get the function to work as scripted within the context of the HSDesigner/Client setup on an Iphone 5. I did try it without the & sign as a leadin but the log returned the same error and automatically included the & sign indicating an immediate script command.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark A.

What version fo HS are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.97

I also tried running the command from the control panel and cannot get it to work there either. I can get ir commands with BLUSBUIRT to run normally as events.

Mark A.

Comment

A work around that is functional.

I designed a workaround to get the ir music controls (amplifier power, selector, volume, etc.) working in the hstouch system. I defined an event for each ir command within hs and then attached the event to the appropriate buttons in the hs touch system. This works although I still think I ought to be able to put a script command into the hs touch designer and have it work with the touch system. Oh well.

Mark A.

Comment

Hi Mark,

You will likely need a newer version of HS3 for this to work, but try calling it with:

Code:
          &nhs.PluginFunction("BLUSBUIRT","","SendIR",New Object(){"Technics_Receiver","Power"})
          Take a look at http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1654 for an explanation.

I think the &nhs functionality was added around version .125 or so.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks, Al,

I will give the nhs a try tomorrow. I rather suspected the problem was in the compiler between .net and vb script. I am in the process of converting to hs3 and it has gone reasonably well. But some things cannot be easily guessed and this is one of them. I have been off the boards for a very long time as I had a very stable hs2 running for years but just thought it was time to move.

Mark

Comment

Many thanks, Al.

I upgraded my hs to version 130 and then tried your suggestions. Worked great. This will allow me to complete my update from hs2 to hs3. I just need to redo a number of touch screens for the new approach to IR commands. Sigh...I have Iphones, Mini Ipads and regular Ipads so it will take a few hours but I am retired so time is not that big a deal. I did take a look at the technical explanation and it made sense to me.

Mark A.

Comment

Hi Mark, glad it worked for you. Yes, it's not an easy migration, but worth it in the end (IMHO).

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                X