No announcement yet.

Downloading Global Cache Plugin Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem was I was attempting to configure port 1 which is the serial port.
    So the blaster cable has 3 separate leads that go in front of the devices?

Comment

No, I don't think I was configuring the serial port. Must have been the reboot that loaded everything. But I swear I rebooted after the install. But now I tried hooking the old IR lead going to the TV from the control 4 box. I was hoping it would work and not have to run another IR cable under the house and up the wall. But it's not turning on. ;-(

Comment

The blaster is a wider angle emitter that needs to be placed out infront of your devices so that the infrared light hits all the devices at once.
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I'm deciding on whether or not I incorporate IR control for my TV/Audio, I am thinking on the WF2IR with the GCPRO plugin and was wondering about the IR Blaster component. Doesn't this just need a line of site to my TV/audio system to work? The one IR Blaster should be able to control any number of IR devices - is this correct? What is the IR cable you're referring to?

Robert

EDIT: Ok... saw that this was answered when I was writing...
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            I'm deciding on whether or not I incorporate IR control for my TV/Audio, I am thinking on the WF2IR with the GCPRO plugin and was wondering about the IR Blaster component. Doesn't this just need a line of site to my TV/audio system to work? The one IR Blaster should be able to control any number of IR devices - is this correct? What is the IR cable you're referring to?

Robert

EDIT: Ok... saw that this was answered when I was writing...
            I dont know what the limit is ... like I'd said above if you had port 3 set up for a tv, sound bar and cable box, then the plugin would create 3 devices one for each of the three devices
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
            | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I lobbed of the ole IR emitter at the TV and spliced one that came with the GC-100 in its place and it's working now. The control 4 must have been using a different frequency or something.

Robert, I'm only having to mess with IR to deal with my Samsung TV which isn't IP controlled. My Denon Receiver is IP Controlled. My Blueray player has an IP, but I think the Control 4 may be controlling it over IR. So technically you shouldn't have very much using IR. For the most part you want to control all you can over IP because it is two way coms which confirms commands.
              If you do have a lot of IR devices, I'm sure there are cables with multiple IR emitters attached which would allow the control of multiple devices while using only one IR port of the GC.

Comment

Working...
              X