This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark,

3.0.6.16 works better but I have determined that the problem seems to be the Micro On/Off and the sense wire. Seems to be a little flakey. One day it's sending a fast on command for sense wire next time it's just sends an on command. Then if the Micro On/Off is already On and the yellow sense goes to hot the instead of turning the unit on it turns it off. Strange. So now I have to look at my setup to see how to best revisit this issue. I had to create an event to fix the on/off issue I will send you the event to see if it would help you get to the bottom of this issue.

Joe.

Comment

the event is the only way to fix your issue. One device turning Off cannot turn another device On. Insteon links do not support this.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Hi Mark,

What I found out with all my testing is this, that Toggle or Toggle On makes no differences as far as functionality goes. I like the Toggle On feature so one button is always lit for my users.

From the Keypad Link Button A is linked to Device X - ON State (responder)
        Button B is linked to Device X - OFF State (responder)

This gives me manual control, works great, and always has.

Now with Patch 3.0.6.16

I have an event like this...

IF Test Key Pad Button B Changes and becomes On
        THEN Control a Device
        Test Key Pad - Button A Off

This is because if one presses the Test Key Pad Button B from HS3 Device Manager it actually turns Device X ON and not actually OFF; it is Button A that turns Device X ON or OFF. Button B only turns Device X ON.

ON - Sequence is Turn On from HS3 Control Panel Just Turn On Button A.
        (The plugin takes care of turning on Button A and turning off Button B.)

OFF - Sequence is to Turn from HS3 Control Panel Turn On Button B, then turn Off Button A. (This is because the plugin turns On Device X when Button B goes on so what this does is turns on Button B led, then we turn Button A we turn Off). If you don't do it this way the device will flash back on for a second or so during this process.

Just feels a little Jerry-Rigged, and so many things can go on to effect it being kept in sync.

Now I just have to figure out a way to sync up 4 different Key Pad Links with all the devices.

Joe.

Comment

joe,

did you every get this all to work without the plugin (ie just kpl configs and links)?

regarding the sync 4 different kpls; I would create groups with controllers between each. this should help keep hs in sync

#2. does the non-toggle setting work if you also put the same button in a radio group? I would think not.
          Last edited by mnsandler; June 6, 2017, 07:21 AM. Reason: added question #2
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Hi Mark,

I have worked on this for 5 days with not luck; get one part to work and another part fails. Seem to get caught in Event Loops, Agh...........

I guess I will go to Event Triggers, and just forget Insteon all together at least if HS3 if off the motion will still trigger manually. Attached is my work around.

At least this way I can turn it on or off via HS3 Control Panel.

FYI the Micro On/Off modules we still can not set led level.

Joe.
            Attached Files

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

I did just test link keypad Button A as Controller to Light and Button B as a Controller to Light and that seems to work. So then using the control panel I can just turn on/off the device and every thing seems to stay in sync.

One thing about the Micro On/Off modules is On say manually and I the motion is seen then darn lights will turn off! It's too bad Insteon doesn't have a feature for Priority in there... In that software or hardware had priority as it looks hardware takes priority.

Joe.

Comment

Working...
              X