Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those link formats you have listed in the cut and paste are for live video streams so those won't work with the Security Cam Overlay addon. The addon is for a static jpeg link and just pulls them quickly one after another just like HStouch. The link you list in your post looks like its for static images. When you go to that link from you internal LAN do you see a single snapshot or a video stream? If you go into your Kodi userdate folder under addons, check the settings.xml for the scripts.securitcam script and make sure it matches your working snapshot link. Also try adding a final forward slash at the end "http://IP/Streaming/channels/1/picture/"

Comment

The other addon posted by eman (post #10) appears to be for actual video streams. I've haven't tried that one out. Try it out and let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesk View Post
        All those link formats you have listed in the cut and paste are for live video streams so those won't work with the Security Cam Overlay addon. The addon is for a static jpeg link and just pulls them quickly one after another just like HStouch. The link you list in your post looks like its for static images. When you go to that link from you internal LAN do you see a single snapshot or a video stream? If you go into your Kodi userdate folder under addons, check the settings.xml for the scripts.securitcam script and make sure it matches your working snapshot link. Also try adding a final forward slash at the end "http://IP/Streaming/channels/1/picture/"
        Thanks, it works now! Cant really tell what did it, as I did several things at once. I added the last forward slash, upgraded to Kodi 17 (from 16.1), and restarted the camera.

Originally posted by jamesk View Post
        The other addon posted by eman (post #10) appears to be for actual video streams. I've haven't tried that one out. Try it out and let us know.
        Yep, tried this aswell, and both of these work now! I can see a combination of the two possible, as this one starts the video (stopping what you have going), but Spuds plugin just plays as PIP. The pro with IPCAM is that I could also possibly get the audio stream if I need it, and this is less intrusive. Any way to make the "Enter" button of Kodi launch IPCAM when Spuds securitycam is running? I.e. this turn of events:
        1. Webcam is shown with SecurityCam plugin in the corner.
        2. I see the need for audio or bigger picture
        3. Press OK (or any other programmable button) while SecurityCam is running
        4. Launches IPCAM

Comment

I can successfully invoke an RTSP camera stream with the script.ipcam addon and have it triggered by using the Execute Addon action in Kodi 17.1. It works great when watching Live TV with the RTSP stream coming up when triggered and the live TV channel resumed when the Back or Stop key is hit on the RTSP stream.
          When watching a movie or TV Show, the RTSP stream is triggered and comes up fine - but when I hit the Stop or Back key, the stream stops and Kodi locks up before the show being watched is resumed.
          I have tried this with different TV shows and movies and also have changed the Kodi rendered with no change in behavior.

Any ideas?

Here is my kodi.log. It should show the RTSP stream being invoked twice and resumed back twice while watching CNN. Then when I play the movie "Split", it invokes the RTSP stream but crashes after the Stop key is hit and before the show can be resumed.

https://pastebin.com/1Un0U2mC

I am running script.ipcam version 0.0.3
          Kodi 17.1 is on a Windows 10 64-bit PC

Thanks.
          Last edited by taylormia; May 24, 2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Since the script.ipcam addon referenced in my previous post does not work properly, I will use one of the following:
            1. The "script.securitycam" addon referenced in the first post of this thread which works well on Kodi 17.1 Windows but not on OSMC on RaspberryPi. This works with static JPEG images of the stream that is refreshed every 100 ms. (configured in the addon)
            2. Open an RTSP stream Kodi "Favorite" on my front door Hikvision cam using the "Player Open Media" action on an HS3 event. The RTSP stream file "FrontDoorOut.strm" contains the one line below. This works great on both Kodi 17.1 Windows and OSMC on RaspberryPi.

rtsp://username(colon)password@ip-address-of-cam:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0?tcp

Eventually this event will be triggered by a Nexia Doorbell Z-Wave Sensor that will change status when my doorbell rings.

Spud..thanks for this awesome plugin

Comment

I apologize if this is a dumb question. Im running Kodi on my smart tv through a Kodi app on tv....How would I get the tv to install zip file.. is this possible and what steps do I need to take?

thanks

Comment

Hi Spud,

Is it possible to get my driveway nest camera to show in Kodi??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

J

Comment

No is the easy answer for that one pretty sure nest lock all there images down so we cannot use them outside there own little ecosystem

Comment

Thanks, I did think that no news was bad news on that one
                    I started looking at trying to get the thumbnail from the http nest folder on the Homeseer machine?? (but run out of time as usual)

Cheers

J

Comment

There are many inexpensive IP cameras that support streaming images or video using JPEG, MPEG or RTSP. You'll have better luck using these to integrate with HS3 and the Kodi plugin. I use Hikvision and Vivotek cams which support these streaming methods and work well with HS3.

Comment

Yes I've already had indoor foscams for years (that need upgrading), just so happens that I acquired a nest outdoor cam and wanted to get that one onto kodi instead of the old ones.
                        Thanks for the help.

Cheers

J

Comment

Anyone have any updates on how you are showing cam streams?

I'm about to look into it... I want a small window (maybe 15-20% of the screen) to overlay with the front door cam stream when motion is detected.

I have 2 options...
                          1. feed directly from the cam
                          2. stream from Blue Iris
                          ... thinking I prefer the BI stream as more than 1 direct stream (at high-res) from cams often cause load/stream delays on the cam

thx

Comment

Cant install add on in Kodi

Sorry for the basic question but I have been trying really hard to get this add on to install in my kodi but it keeps failing. I get the failed to install add on message. Has anyone else received this? I have tried installing on kodi version 17.6 and 16.1 still it fails. I am brand new to Kodi so do I need to install anything else before I try to install this add on?
                            Thanks for any help!

Comment

I have not been able to get the third party plugin to work properly. Instead, I use a combination of the HS3 Kodi plugin and the RTSP streaming capabilities of my Hikvision camera to do a full screen live stream when the doorbell rings (for example). Here's the event:

The FrontDoorOut.strm file contains this line only:
                              rtsp://username : password@CameraIPAddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0?tcp

If I'm watching a show on Kodi and the doorbell rings, the show is stopped and the live RTSP stream from the front door camera is shown.

The doorbell integration to HS3 is done through a Fortrezz Mimolite and is documented here:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189547

Comment

Awesome! Thank you very much for the help. I will be trying this tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X