X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I have posted build 1.0.1c

This build contains the ability to manually change the setpoint at the thermostat and the plugin will see this and react according to the options on the options web page.

Two new options exist on the options web page. The first one allows the user to enable or disable manual setpoint changes. The second option is the number of minutes that a manual setpoint will be active before returning to the schedule.

If manual setpoint changes are disabled then if the plugin detects a manual change then it will immediately revert back to the schedule.

If manual changes are enabled, here is how it works...
    Say the setpoint currently set by the active schedule is 72. The user goes to the thermostat and changes the setpoint to 75. The plugin will see this setpoint change and will set the stat in manual mode at 75 for the number of minutes specified on the options page. Once the temperature reaches the manual setpoint of 75 that is when the timer starts for the number of minutes. Once the timer is reached then the stat is reverted back to the schedule.

Hope this makes sense.
    That is SWEET!!!!

THank you, Bob!

With this, you can now set an even that that can then prevent the manual set point again, right?

Example, manual setpoint performed, triggers the temp override, then, sends script to prevent override again.

I like it!!!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

If someone changes the setpoint manually at the stat from 72 (the schedule setpoint) to 75 and then they decide to bump it up again in a couple of minutes to 77 then the plugin will see this and will restart the timer once the new setpoint is reached. You can also reset the manual setpoint back to run mode by clicking the reset button on the Thermostat page or by using the new scripting call.

There is nothing stopping the user from using manual setpoints more than once. The only thing that disables the manual setpoint changes is the option on the options page.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Cool!

I am sure you can also set a maximum manual set point change too, via scripting right? Like, no more than 5 degrees from schedule.

I mean, we don't to let this too complicated! LOL

BTW, is the "Manual Setpoint Change" ONLY for when a schedule is running? Currently, with my stat and no schedule, I can change it at the state or the interface regardless of plug condition.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          Cool!

I am sure you can also set a maximum manual set point change too, via scripting right? Like, no more than 5 degrees from schedule.
          No I did not add this.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            No I did not add this.
            That's ok, I am sure this can be done with conditions and some events.

Comment

I have posted 1.0.1d

This build adds the ability to specify a max manual setpoint change value for both heat and cool.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Blade,

Again great job for added this option, Big Thanks!!!!

>> Two new options exist on the options web page. The first one allows the user to enable or disable manual setpoint changes. The second option is the number of minutes that a manual setpoint will be active before returning to the schedule.

I was think maybe this option above could have be added to the "Maintain Schedules" page? I have four Thermostat in my house and it would gave me more flexibility to control each stat. But anyway great Job done!!!

BigMack48

Comment

Blade,

I try new option you just added to reset the change Temp by user back to schedule temp.

It show in the log that temp was reset, but thermostat never got reset back to schedule temp and reset button still display on page.

Schedule Setpoint: 65
                  Heat Setpoint by user : 69
                  Temp: 69

Thermostat is in MANUAL Mode (Temp: 67 for 1 mins)
                  1 - Bonus Room Thermostat 74 (2)Manual Setpoint has been changed to 67 by the user... manual timer is reset
                  2 - Bonus Room Thermostat 74 (2)Manual Setpoint Change of 67 has been reached

How do yo set the max temp? is it by increment (2) 65+2=67, or set max temp to (67)

Bigmack48
                  Last edited by BIGMACK48; December 30, 2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Blade,

When I set the schedule drop down for thermostat the setpoint for schedule is not set. It should set the temp that the time frame is in.

Bigmack48

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                      Blade,

I try new option you just added to reset the change Temp by user back to schedule temp.

It show in the log that temp was reset, but thermostat never got reset back to schedule temp and reset button still display on page.

Schedule Setpoint: 65
                      Heat Setpoint by user : 69
                      Temp: 69

Thermostat is in MANUAL Mode (Temp: 67 for 1 mins)
                      1 - Bonus Room Thermostat 74 (2)Manual Setpoint has been changed to 67 by the user... manual timer is reset
                      2 - Bonus Room Thermostat 74 (2)Manual Setpoint Change of 67 has been reached

How do yo set the max temp? is it by increment (2) 65+2=67, or set max temp to (67)

Bigmack48
                      Are you saying that the reset button did not reset the manual temp back to run mode and use the schedule setpoint?
                      If so, then I will need you to capture a debug log of the issue and email me the log.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Blade,

When I set the schedule drop down for thermostat the setpoint for schedule is not set. It should set the temp that the time frame is in.

Bigmack48
                        Capture a separate debug log for this and email it to me.
                        I have done this multiple times here and it worked so I am curious to see the log.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Blade,

>> If manual setpoint changes are disabled then if the plugin detects a manual change then it will immediately revert back to the schedule.

Here is the log file.

Schedule Setpoint: 60
                          Change Temp manual to 64
                          Manual Setpoint Flag is disable

Blstat should reset the Bonus Room Stat back to 60

Thank You

BigMack.
                          Last edited by BIGMACK48; December 31, 2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Blade,

Here is a log file you request for above example.

Bigmack48
                            Attached Files

Comment

Blade,

Bigmack48
                              OK there is an issue. It did try and set the setpoint back but it did not find a schedule time for the current time. That is an issue for me to find out why.
                              I will let you know when I find out
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Blade,

Bigmack48
                                Please try the new build I posted (1.01e)
                                Let me know if you still have the issue
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X