4 hour delay executing event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 hour delay executing event

Yesterday, while we were away, we had a power outage which caused my whole house generator to run for several hours. My HS machine, router, modem, TI103, and Z-troller are all on a UPS and on an emergency powered circuit. I have a Powerflash module hooked into the transfer panel that triggers an event when the generator cycles on and off.

Power was restored at 1:54 pm and the event triggered at 5:44 pm. A second event - a driveway alarm was delayed by just 1 minute (triggered by us coming home). These events were executed just after we returned home and I executed a "here" event from my HSTouch machine at 5:44:12.

5/24/2011 5:44:12 PM Event Event Trigger "Here"
    5/24/2011 5:44:12 PM TTS Speak ():I will prepare for your arrival.
    5/24/2011 5:44:14 PM X10 Received P Status On
    5/24/2011 5:44:14 PM X10 Received G2 (Status Generator) G Off
    5/24/2011 5:44:14 PM Event Event Trigger "Generator Off"
    5/24/2011 5:44:14 PM X10 Received L15 (Outside Alt driveway) L On
    5/24/2011 5:44:14 PM Event Event Trigger "Driveway"

It appears that the events were stacked in a queue. Not sure if the "X10 Received P Status On" is a clue, since it isn't part of the "Here" event. Somehow, my issuing the HSTouch command to trigger an event "freed" the jam.

Here is the systems info:

Current Date/Time: 5/25/2011 7:44:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.1
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
    OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0
    System Uptime: 82 Days 22 Hours 10 Minutes 54 Seconds
    User Name and Access Level: default (Admin)
    LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.x (hs2)
    Client IP Address: 192.168.1.xxx (192.168.1.xxx)
    External IP Address: 69.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - IP: 192.168.1.x/24 MAC: 00
    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Microsoft TV/Video Connection IP: 0.1.0.4/32 MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
    Web Server Port: 80xx
    Number of Devices: 123
    Unique, Used X-10 Devices: 65

Number of Z-Wave Nodes: 15
    Number of Events: 108
    Event Last Ran: Weather : weatherpageupdate, Ran at 5/25/2011 7:40:00 AM
    Number of unique event scripts used: 22
    1: 10952page.txt
    A: announcecaller.txt, answeroff.txt, answeron.txt
    C: checkip.txt, com2-off.txt, com3_event.txt, create_weather.txt
    D: dailyloghs.txt
    F: ftptest.txt
    J: Jon00PerfMon.vben
    L: leaving.txt
    M: MorningEmail.txt
    N: Nightfloods.txt, nothere.txt
    S: Start-com2.txt
    T: testtime.txt
    W: wanip.txt, waterlog.txt, weatherdisplay.txt, weatherinside.txt, weatheroutside.txt

Connected Speaker Clients: HS2 (127.0.0.1)EFAULT, KITCHEN (192.168.33.100)EFAULT
    Plug-Ins Enabled: ACT TI103, Slink-e IR, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited,
    Media Player, HSTouch Android
    Processor Type and Speed: x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 4 at 2.79 GHz
    Modules/Threads: 234 Modules, 100 Threads
    System Processes/Load: 60 Processes, 14% Load
    Free / Total Physical Memory: 844.12 MBytes / 1.99 GBytes (41% free)
    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 1.96 GBytes / 2.00 GBytes (98% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 94 Mbytes
    COM Plug-In Memory Used: 15 Mbytes for HS_Compatibility.

------------------------
    As you can see, I haven't rebooted in some time and the system has been flawless. I'll reboot later today and maybe upgrade to .23. Just curious as to what might have caused the delay.

Thanks,
    Barry

Dozens of gremlins could have caused the delay executing your event(s). The huge amount of noise on the AC power line due to power transfer or even a sag in the voltage comes to mind. I do admit that four hours is a bit long to wait around for this to happen. The "next time" this happens, activate your PC's TASK MANAGER (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and observe if any other applications are using all the CPU time. If Homeseer is the culprit, something may have occurred that has put it into an endless loop. If this is the case, you may be unable to shut Homeseer down properly.

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
      Yesterday, while we were away, we had a power outage which caused my whole house generator to run for several hours. . . I have a Powerflash module hooked into the transfer panel that triggers an event when the generator cycles on and off.

Power was restored at 1:54 pm and the event triggered at 5:44 pm.
      Are there any clues in the HS log for the intervening 4 hours? Was HS running normally? Were all X10 signals missing or delayed, or just that one? Were any other (non-X10 triggered) events delayed or missing?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Are there any clues in the HS log for the intervening 4 hours? Was HS running normally? Were all X10 signals missing or delayed, or just that one? Were any other (non-X10 triggered) events delayed or missing?
        We had a brief outage again this morning, and the same thing happened. X-10 actions were NOT received again. Z-wave seemed to be working fine, as did all activities that didn't involve receiving data from the TI103. AS soon has I had HS SEND an X-10 action (device on) the queued actions took place.

What is interesting is that the commands were not lost. Does the TI103 stack commands when is can't send them immediately?

I didn't reboot HS last evening, but did a reboot of the box just now. HS seems to be behaving normally otherwise. I did check before the reboot and there was nothing strange going on CPU usage was like 8%. Nothing strange in the HS log either.

Thanks,
        Barry

Comment

It sounds like the serial link between HS and the TI103 is being affected by the loss of power (presumably to the TI103, since HS is on a UPS). Another possibility is that the TI103 itself is being affected by the power from your generator. I know the power from mine is pretty noisy. It might be interesting to try turning off the breaker the TI103 is on to simulate a power outage and see if that is enough to initiate the problem. If you can create the problem at will (you can always trip your main breaker ), then you can use something like Portmon to see if the TI103 sends the X10 commands to HS as they arrive or stacks them and then sends them in a rush when HS sends a command out.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by BobT View Post
            Dozens of gremlins could have caused the delay executing your event(s). The huge amount of noise on the AC power line due to power transfer or even a sag in the voltage comes to mind.
            I don't understand. I know noise will prevent X10 PLC commands from getting to the intended target device, but how can powerline noise cause a delay in event execution?

Comment

Working...
            X