Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
    Your troubles seems to stem from a number of issues:
    • S_MOISTURE not supported by the plugin - Try to use S_HUM and V_HUM instead. S_Moisture is supported in my development branch of the plugin, but you really don't need it as you can use S_HUM.
    • Readings from the sensor - This seems to a hardware/sketch issue. My proposal for you is to take MySensors out of the equation and see if the sensors is reporting correctly with a minimal implementation sketch (maybe a simpified version of this setup http://www.instructables.com/id/Soil-Moisture-Sensor/)
    • Reinclusion not possible without a restart - The issues is a known bug in the plugin. A restart of the plugin should be enough to solve the issues - if it is caused by the known bug. The issue is, as stated previously, corrected in the development branch of the plugin (unfortunately not available at the moment.)
    • Inclusion not working - In some cases the issues has been caused by a malfunctioning radio. This might also be caused by an unknown problem in the plugin (you are not the first person reporting this issue). Using another Arduino will most likely not solve the issue (but try to change the radio). Have you tried with a different arduino+radio and sketch e.g. a S_DOOR sketch for instance?
    • Node id allocation - You can erase the allocated node id in the node with the 'ClearEepromConfig' sketch. (mayb you already know).

Hopefully this clarifies the situation a bit. Please provide an update and let's see if we can find a solution.

Thanks Henrik for some of your suggestions.

I have spent some more time on trying to get things working. At first I had some success. I was able to set up several more motion sensors using arduino nanos that I couldn't use earlier. I used the 'ClearEepromConfig' sketch (which I did not know about). There is also a line in the motion sensor sketch (and seems to be in all sketches) that defines the child id #. I started changing that number (and am now using AUTO). My new motion sensors all started to get added and they also were part of the same node (whereas some other sensors that I had connected through the same gateway were appearing as being connected to different nodes). Attaching a picture of what my device page in HS3 looks like. Out of curiosity, did they show up as different nodes because I was not changing the define child id or could there have been another reason?

More importantly, I have not been able to get the moisture sensor to work. I began using a more basic sketch (see below). The data seems to be flowing properly when I look at the serial monitor (see below as well). I can't get the device to add to HS3 though. I've tried multiple arduino nanos that have all had the cleareeprom sketch and a reset sketch. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I am now using an analogue connection for the data? This sketch uses S_moisture which you had said is not supported, so I changed it to S_HUM but that did not help. I've switched out the radios as well. Any thoughts on what else I might try?

------------------
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensor.h>

#define CHILD_ID AUTO // Id of the sensor child, CHANGE!

int moistureSensor = 0; // ANALOG Pin for Soil sensor, usally A0
    MySensor gw;
    MyMessage msg(CHILD_ID, V_TRIPPED);
    int lastSoilValue = -1;

void setup()
    {
    gw.begin(NULL, 0);

// Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
    gw.sendSketchInfo("Soil Moisture Sensor in percentage", "1.0");
    // Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
    gw.present(CHILD_ID, S_HUM);
    }

void loop()
    {

int soilValue = map(analogRead(moistureSensor), 0, 1024, 100, 0);

if (soilValue != lastSoilValue) {
    Serial.println(soilValue);
    gw.send(msg.set(soilValue));
    lastSoilValue = soilValue;
    }
    gw.sleep(3000);
    }

----------------

0;0;3;0;9;gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:Soil Mois
    0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.0
    0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:1.5.4
    0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-0-0 s=255,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,st=fail:35
    Attached Files

Comment

Plugin doesn't seem to be working anymore

I went away for a few days and when I returned home, my arduino sensors don't seem to be doing anything. None of my temperature sensors have been recording anything. My motion sensors are not doing anything either. They are working as I do observe data through the serial monitor.

From the log attached, you'll see that the mysensors entries stop at 1:48pm on the 1st. You'll see some entries start again on the 4th at 6:17pm. I rebooted my Homeseer computer and then disabled and re-enabled the plugin when the reboot did not fix the problem.

At the very top, the entry "MySensors | PLUGIN | STATUS | : MySensors.S_Controller (0, 0) - Attempt to restart gateway abandoned as it isn't in Ready state." is interesting. It is what comes when I ht the inclusion button.

Has anyone experienced this with the plugin. Any ideas on what to try to get things working again?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ; April 4, 2016, 06:20 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
        I went away for a few days and when I returned home, my arduino sensors don't seem to be doing anything. None of my temperature sensors have been recording anything. My motion sensors are not doing anything either. They are working as I do observe data through the serial monitor.

From the log attached, you'll see that the mysensors entries stop at 1:48pm on the 1st. You'll see some entries start again on the 4th at 6:17pm. I rebooted my Homeseer computer and then disabled and re-enabled the plugin when the reboot did not fix the problem.

At the very top, the entry "MySensors | PLUGIN | STATUS | : MySensors.S_Controller (0, 0) - Attempt to restart gateway abandoned as it isn't in Ready state." is interesting. It is what comes when I ht the inclusion button.

Has anyone experienced this with the plugin. Any ideas on what to try to get things working again?
        Does your computer see the com connection to the gateway? Maybe a dead gateway?
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

As far as I can tell, it does see the COM connection.

In the manage plugins page, the COM port of the gateway is one that I can select which to me indicates it sees the gateway

Comment

As far as I can tell, it does see the COM connection.

In the manage plugins page, the COM port of the gateway is one that I can select which to me indicates it sees the gateway
            I had something similar happen a few days ago when I accidentally wiggled the USB cable. The port still showed active, but it wasn't communicating to the gateway. I ended up having to disconnect it completely which restarted the serial gateway and it worked fine after that.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              I had something similar happen a few days ago when I accidentally wiggled the USB cable. The port still showed active, but it wasn't communicating to the gateway. I ended up having to disconnect it completely which restarted the serial gateway and it worked fine after that.

Cheers
              Al
              Thanks for the suggestion. I would have bet anything that this could not be the problem because my Homeseer setup is somewhere that no one goes near. However, I just went and unplugged and re-plugged in the gateway and then restarted the plugin and it seems to be working again.

Glad that everything is working on one hand. On the other, this leaves me less than confident at the reliability of using this in my home automation setup... Anyone have any suggestions on some way to create an proactive notification that the gateway/plugin is not working?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I would have bet anything that this could not be the problem because my Homeseer setup is somewhere that no one goes near. However, I just went and unplugged and re-plugged in the gateway and then restarted the plugin and it seems to be working again.

Glad that everything is working on one hand. On the other, this leaves me less than confident at the reliability of using this in my home automation setup... Anyone have any suggestions on some way to create an proactive notification that the gateway/plugin is not working?
                Glad you're going again. I've seen Arduino's lock up seemingly randomly on occasion so for a number of my sensors I have instituted a heartbeat child device where the sensor alternates sending a 1 or 0 on a regular basis (once an hour as an example). I then trigger a HS event if the heart beat device has been the same for a couple of hours. The other way would be to monitor the HS log with one of the log utilities that are available (UltraLog being the example that I use). This would only work if you see some entries in the HS log related to the issue.

Cheers
                Al

PS Here's an example of my lightning sensor:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1184183

Comment

Question. Which version of mysensors are you using? 1.5 doesn't work right and I have had to remain on 1.41. It's in one of these responses on this thread, probably a page back.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                    Question. Which version of mysensors are you using? 1.5 doesn't work right and I have had to remain on 1.41. It's in one of these responses on this thread, probably a page back.
                    I'm using 1.5 libraries according to version.h. What was not working for you?

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

I'm using 1.5 libraries according to version.h. What was not working for you?

Cheers

Al

Really? Nothing was working for me. Same sketches just newer version. Updated gateway and sensors. I have combo temp/motion and one arduino monitoring all my doors thru a modified relay sketch.

Maybe I should try again, but really it's working and I tend to leaving things alone unless there is a need to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                        Really? Nothing was working for me. Same sketches just newer version. Updated gateway and sensors. I have combo temp/motion and one arduino monitoring all my doors thru a modified relay sketch.

Maybe I should try again, but really it's working and I tend to leaving things alone unless there is a need to upgrade.
                        I'm likely still running a mix of both. I can't remember when I flashed my gateway last, but I did reflash my lightning sensor yesterday as I changed it to use i2c instead of spi and it's working fine so far.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Mutiple Temperature Sensing with Logging

I am trying to locate a ready to install solution/product for monitoring temps on a combination solar and wood furnace space heat system on HS3. It looks like DS18b20 sensors would be my best bet I would need a least 6 sensor capability. I have found numerous build your own projects. But would like to purchase a already built system that will work reliably with HS3.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kpaxson View Post
                            I am trying to locate a ready to install solution/product for monitoring temps on a combination solar and wood furnace space heat system on HS3. It looks like DS18b20 sensors would be my best bet I would need a least 6 sensor capability. I have found numerous build your own projects. But would like to purchase a already built system that will work reliably with HS3.

Thanks
                            You could use something like this: http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/O...n-2_p_152.html with the Ultra1Wire plugin.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

You could use something like this: http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/O...n-2_p_152.html with the Ultra1Wire plugin.

Cheers
                              Al
                              This looks good. How are the probes connected to the server, I looked at the server documentation. It looks like you can do 3 sensors for each rj12 connector. But I am not very good with reading scematics. I also found this post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141980. My question is how to hook all the sensors into OW-Server

I also came across this on Ebay
                              http://kmtronic.com/lan-ds18b20-temp...itor.html,they have not tested it with homeseer, but gave me this link to xml output. http://88.87.29.196:8002/status.xml

Can this information be brought into homeseer with a plugin or other method

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kpaxson View Post
                                This looks good. How are the probes connected to the server, I looked at the server documentation. It looks like you can do 3 sensors for each rj12 connector. But I am not very good with reading scematics. I also found this post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141980. My question is how to hook all the sensors into OW-Server

I also came across this on Ebay
                                http://kmtronic.com/lan-ds18b20-temp...itor.html,they have not tested it with homeseer, but gave me this link to xml output. http://88.87.29.196:8002/status.xml

Can this information be brought into homeseer with a plugin or other method

Thanks
                                Probably best to start a new thread rather than continue this in the MySensors thread.

Cheers
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X