No announcement yet.

Ocelot Plug-In for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bruce. Not a huge deal, I am not that far along. Understandable issue.

When trying to update the plugin I kept getting this in the log:

Updater Install/Update of package GTS CPUXA Ocelot failed.
    Updater Error Installation of package GTS CPUXA Ocelot failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.

I had disabled the plugin with same result. Finally I had to rename the installed version to HSPI_GTS_CPUXA_OLD.exe in order to get a successful update. I suspect this is related to permissions on my server as opposed to an issue with the plugin or its updater technique.

Anyway, back to adding in IR codes. Thanks for this plugin.

randy

Comment

Some feedback after using a couple of days, mostly related to X10.

Creating devices:
      You select the type (appliance/normal/extended, etc) when creating the device. It would be great if you could change this type without deleting the device and re-adding it. I picked the wrong type a couple of times (sometimes it was just a guess, some times I forgot there were 2 devices sharing the same device code). Deleting/re-adding is OK, but it breaks any events the device has been included in. If you could change the type on the fly you wouldn't have to fix events.

Event options:
      You can trigger on arbitrary House/Device codes, but you can't send them. It would be great to be able to send "B" "All Off" for example. I have a "Goodnight" event that has to shut down multiple devices, and with the HS2 plugin or the HS3 X10 plugin you can send "All off" to an arbitrary house code. Currently I have to send off to every device.

This would also be helpful for multiple device commands like B1, B2, B3, B/On. You could do that in the HS2 plugin.

These are constructive, however. Great plugin so far!

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
        Some feedback after using a couple of days, mostly related to X10.

Creating devices:
        You select the type (appliance/normal/extended, etc) when creating the device. It would be great if you could change this type without deleting the device and re-adding it. I picked the wrong type a couple of times (sometimes it was just a guess, some times I forgot there were 2 devices sharing the same device code). Deleting/re-adding is OK, but it breaks any events the device has been included in. If you could change the type on the fly you wouldn't have to fix events.

Event options:
        You can trigger on arbitrary House/Device codes, but you can't send them. It would be great to be able to send "B" "All Off" for example. I have a "Goodnight" event that has to shut down multiple devices, and with the HS2 plugin or the HS3 X10 plugin you can send "All off" to an arbitrary house code. Currently I have to send off to every device.

This would also be helpful for multiple device commands like B1, B2, B3, B/On. You could do that in the HS2 plugin.

These are constructive, however. Great plugin so far!

Those observations make good sense. I will add them to the list. Can't guarantee timing but the plan is to add capability in phases to end up with an HS3 plugin that surpasses what the HS2 plugins could do.

I believe I have a fix for the occasional start up errors.

We'll see what we can do to get something in the updater before the weekend is over.

Comment

I've been having some serious issues the past few days with the new version. I started a new thread in the upper level forum.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Resource hungry

Hi thanks for a plugin that has held me up making the transition to HS3.

I am however having a issue with the computer resources the plugin is using.

My system.
            HS3 3.0.0.258
            Win7
            Ocelot + 3 SECU16 + 1 Bobcat all connected via USB to Edgeport Serial box.

My system slowed down to the extent that I had to run taskmanager to check what was going on.

I noticed CPU at around 100% and Network also at 100mbs.

GTS was using more CPU than HS3 around 30% each. but the interesting thing was the Network.

When I disabled the CPUXA plugin CPU load returned to 16% and network back to 10mbs.

I tried rolling back from .30 to .18 but it made little difference. I'm really scratching my head as to why the network went so high as ocelot coms is serial.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by BeePee View Post
              Hi thanks for a plugin that has held me up making the transition to HS3.

I am however having a issue with the computer resources the plugin is using.

My system.
              HS3 3.0.0.258
              Win7
              Ocelot + 3 SECU16 + 1 Bobcat all connected via USB to Edgeport Serial box.

My system slowed down to the extent that I had to run taskmanager to check what was going on.

I noticed CPU at around 100% and Network also at 100mbs.

GTS was using more CPU than HS3 around 30% each. but the interesting thing was the Network.

When I disabled the CPUXA plugin CPU load returned to 16% and network back to 10mbs.

I tried rolling back from .30 to .18 but it made little difference. I'm really scratching my head as to why the network went so high as ocelot coms is serial.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Any help appreciated.
              Yes BeePee, there is another user with a similar issue. I am looking into the problem now and hopefully will have an answer later today.
              Bruce

Comment

Ocelot in HS3

Good job to the peoples behind the plug-in.

Since there is finally a plugin for HS3 some of you might be interested in additional components including (1) Ocelot, Bobcat, RLY8 etc..

Take a look at :

http://board.homeseer.com//showthread.php?t=180632

Michel

Comment

Upgrading from the MCS ADIOcelot PI with HS2.....

I have just embarked on the migration from HS2 to HS3. I have been using the MCS ADIOcelot PI for 6 years without any issues. I have 13 IR Zones, and over 200 actual learned codes. The MCS plugin created a set of files, IR-Zones.x and IR-Labels.x, where x ranges from 0 (actually blank) to 5. I am assuming that these files contain the IR codes for all the equipment that I have previously trained. Will your plugin be able to import these codes, or will I have to repeat the arduous task of learning IR codes for all my devices? Is there any way to take advantage of all the previous work done learning this large number of IR codes?

Also, I do use Bobcat sensors in my home, so do you have any idea as to when you might be adding support for Bobcat environmental sensors?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I seem to be finding more pitfalls and roadblocks everyday in this HS2->HS3 migration.

Comment

Originally posted by grp View Post
                    I have just embarked on the migration from HS2 to HS3. I have been using the MCS ADIOcelot PI for 6 years without any issues. I have 13 IR Zones, and over 200 actual learned codes. The MCS plugin created a set of files, IR-Zones.x and IR-Labels.x, where x ranges from 0 (actually blank) to 5. I am assuming that these files contain the IR codes for all the equipment that I have previously trained. Will your plugin be able to import these codes, or will I have to repeat the arduous task of learning IR codes for all my devices? Is there any way to take advantage of all the previous work done learning this large number of IR codes?

Also, I do use Bobcat sensors in my home, so do you have any idea as to when you might be adding support for Bobcat environmental sensors?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I seem to be finding more pitfalls and roadblocks everyday in this HS2->HS3 migration.
                    Hi grp,
                    At this point there is not a way to import info from the MCS Ocelot plugin. Not sure what the IR-Zones.x and IR-Labels.x actually contain but I do know this for sure. The IR codes you have learned are stored in the Ocelot. Changing to the HS3 GTS CPUXA plugin will not cause you to have to relearn the locations. The Ocelot has 1024 IR locations that you can learn to. In your case you have over 200 locations occupied which can be sent out the Ocelot's IR Emitter port or any Secu16IR(s) port(zone) with the GTS plugin. If you know the names of the IR locations, you will be able to create IR devices in the GTS Plugin and name them as you go. Yes, still an arduous task but again, no relearning needed.

I have not tested it, but the Bobcats should be able to be used with the plugin now. The Ocelot's parameter 1 is kind of a "move Bobcat data into a variable offset".

An example:
                    Ocelot parameter 1
                    0 = Off
                    15 = Bobcat at address 5 and data will display in variable 20, Bobcat at address 6 and data will display in variable 21, etc. So basically, take the Bobcat's unit no, add it to Ocelot parameter 1 and the data will be in the sum/variable number. The GTS plugin can read and set Ocelot variables, so it should work. In this example, you would create a variable device for variable 20 and the Bobcat at address 5 would populate it.

Direct support for Bobcats may happen if we can get our hands on one cheap In the end, the above method may actually be the best way to get Bobcat data.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
                    Bruce
                    Last edited by bbowser; March 30, 2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt reply to my queries! When I am ready to tackle the Ocelot migration, I will for sure give your plugin a try! I need to revisit the CMAX interface to the Ocelot and figure out how my IR codes actually map out in the Ocelot.

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt reply to my queries! When I am ready to tackle the Ocelot migration, I will for sure give your plugin a try! I need to revisit the CMAX interface to the Ocelot and figure out how my IR codes actually map out in the Ocelot.
                        Make sure you're using the newest CMAX. ADI also has an IR MAX utility that comes in handy for IR manipulation.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Comment

grp,
                          Help will be here if you need it. And as mterry63 mentioned, the latest CMAX is a great idea as the plug-in development is being done with CPUXA Application Vers: 3.19 although it should work on older versions.

The latest CMAX is here.
                          The latest IRMAX is here.

Bruce

Comment

maybe a bug? device 0 in each zone maybe sharing...

I have an ocelot with a secu16IR attached with two emitters. Output 0 and 1.
                            There are two zones

Zone 1 device 0 = IR to turn on tv
                            Zone 2 device 0 = IR to turn on receiver

If I Learn Zone 1 device 0 and test, the tv turns on
                            Then
                            If I Learn Zone 2 device 0, then test Zone 1 device 0, the tv does not turn on.

I had to keep a dummy value in Zone 1 device 0 in order to use the two devices.

Other than that, I am controlling IR via VR. Very nice. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by dcjohnston View Post
                              I have an ocelot with a secu16IR attached with two emitters. Output 0 and 1.
                              There are two zones

Zone 1 device 0 = IR to turn on tv
                              Zone 2 device 0 = IR to turn on receiver

If I Learn Zone 1 device 0 and test, the tv turns on
                              Then
                              If I Learn Zone 2 device 0, then test Zone 1 device 0, the tv does not turn on.

I had to keep a dummy value in Zone 1 device 0 in order to use the two devices.

Other than that, I am controlling IR via VR. Very nice. Good work.
                              Hi dcjohnston,
                              I think I can help.

The Ocelot has 1024 IR locations you can learn to. The Secu16IR is just additional ports(zones) for those 1024 Ocelot locations. You do not get 1024 locations per Secu16IR port(zone). So when you learned location 0 on zone 2 you overwrote what you learned to location 0 on zone 1. This is not a plugin short coming, it's just the way the Ocelot works with the Secu16IR.

When I first started with the Ocelot in 2006 I thought the same thing. Was a little disappointed that we didn't get 1024 IR locations per Secu16IR zone, but then again I never used all the 1024 locations

I will update the GTS CPUXA Help to reflect the above.

Thanks for trying the plugin! Hope the above helps, let me know if you have any other issues.

Bruce

Comment

makes sense

ok, I got it, thanks for the update. I just licensed the plugin also. Thanks for your work on this, it is going to make a lot of people happy.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X