PLM 2413S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM 2413S

I used to have a 2412S connected to my ISY via CAT5 cable. The unit failed and is no longer available so I ordered a 2412S. It came with a cable that is RJ45 connector on one end and serial connector on the other. Should I connect the same way as the 2412 was with CAT5 from PLM to ISY or should I be using the serial. If serial should it be connected to the back of the ISY or the HS3 PC. I only use this plugin to control my lights and not the HS plugin.

If I understand you correctly, I would do the same. It may be best to post a message on the ISY board or call them directly. Last time I called Universal Devices, Michel was very helpful and willing to help.

Your question is a relatively simple one.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

The reason I asked here was because I thought that maybe this plugin might work better connected one way versus the other. I will post on the ISY forums to see what they say.

Comment

This plug-in will only work if the PLM is connected directly to the ISY. The ISYInsteon plug-in communicates only with the ISY. The new PLM should connect the same way as the old one. You can check on the UDI forums or WIKI for more information on the steps to follow when replacing the PLM.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
          This plug-in will only work if the PLM is connected directly to the ISY. The ISYInsteon plug-in communicates only with the ISY. The new PLM should connect the same way as the old one. You can check on the UDI forums or WIKI for more information on the steps to follow when replacing the PLM.
          Thanks, I have posted on the UDI forums for additional info. And thanks for this great plugin. The PLM failed last week and I had never realized how much I depend on the ISY and this plugin for my system. So many of my lights and HS events depend on each other to function properly. I've been running all over the house this past week turning things on and off, almost feel like a cave man

Comment

For what it's worth my PLM is connected to my ISY via a 75 foot Cat-5 extension and I have no issues. The ISY doesn't know how long the connecting cable to the PLM is (within reasonable limits).

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
              For what it's worth my PLM is connected to my ISY via a 75 foot Cat-5 extension and I have no issues. The ISY doesn't know how long the connecting cable to the PLM is (within reasonable limits).
              Mine is only like a foot away. I didn't get a chance to swap it out last night. Will try tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X