X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device not responding sends Off / Close command

Hello everyone.
    For some reason, when a device is not responding, it will send Homeseer the Off / Close command.

i have a lot of virtual devices that i use for the amazon echo and the hstouch setup but when the device changes (like using its switch), the virtual device doesnt change.
    so i created a lot of events like:

if "Alexa - Virtual device kitchen shades" Changes to "On"

Or if device changes and becomes "Kitchen Shades" to "Open"

THEN:

change device
    Alexa - Virtual device kitchen shades to "On"
    Kitchen Shades to "Open"

and Do not re-run event for 3 seconds.

That way i can tell Alexa to "Turn On" Kitchen shades (So annoying - integrate "Open/Close" already) and the shades will open.
    but if i open the shades using it's switch, Alexa's virtual device will stay off.

now when homeseer gets "this device is not responding for the 5th try" it will send a close command and then the above rule will run and the shades will close.

יונ-27 08:37:53 Device Control Device: Galia Shades to Close (0)
    יונ-27 08:37:53 Event Event Trigger "I. Shades Events Shades - Galias Room - Close"
    יונ-27 08:37:53 Insteon Did not receive a response from Galia Shades (2C.7E.37). Try #5 failed.

is this possible to change

thanks

not sure what you are asking?

but if you aren't getting responses, make sure the links are correct and working.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi
      the links are correct but have no idea how to start troubleshooting the response failures.
      its only the automatic polling on most of the devices.
      when i send the command it starts instantly.

the problem that i am facing is that everytime the device fails to poll its status, it will send a close command to it. so even if everything is OK, the shades will close all of a sudden because it was sent a "Close" command

Comment

can you post a detailed log snippet and highlight the entries you think are causing this behavior
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X