This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    Stupid question, in the event menu did you enable to see all the event like you do in devices?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    There are no stupid questions, especially with this stuff. But yes, I clicked SHOW ALL just in case. No change.

Please keep the stupid questions coming.

Thanks,

==JJS==

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Comment

Poltergeist.

I am not a medium here.

Just kidding.

I dunno; you are the first person on this forum with this unique issue. In some 17 or so years of using Homeseer never seen this before or ever seen another user reporting same issue.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Poltergeist.

I am not a medium here.

Just kidding.

I dunno; you are the first person on this forum with this unique issue. In some 17 or so years of using Homeseer never seen this before or ever seen another user reporting same issue.
        I am not a medium here. - No, most of your stuff here is well done.

Poltergeist. Funny you should say that. You're by no means the first.

For 30 years I spent my spare time writing on the paranormal. I'm a lifelong atheist, and skeptical of anything "supernatural". I've been to 3 CSICOP conventions; I once interviewed for a job at the Center for Inquiry in Buffalo, the Vatican of skepticism. Some of those debunkers you see on TV shows on Destination: America are friends of mine.

But now I'm not so sure. There have been things happening at this particular house I live in that have got me scratching my head. My wife became convinced long ago, and has been razzing me for years. My local computer whiz, also a skeptic, has looked at some of our computer (and other electronic and electro-mechanical) problems and said the same thing you did: "I gotta say, I've never seen THAT before."

I'm sure this will be resolved somehow. I'm sure there's a naturalistic explanation for all of it. I'm going to keep repeating that to myself.

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Build a new box (W7 or W7e) from scratch.

Don't use the box for anything but Homeseer.

Don't install any remote access to it....vnc or team viewer...see if that helps...
          Last edited by Pete; July 17, 2017, 10:19 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Build a new box (W7 or W7e) from scratch.

Don't use the box for anything but Homeseer.

Don't install any remote access to it....vnc or team viewer...see if that helps...
            I don't have the time or the wherewithal to build a new box from scratch. Or the scratch, for that matter.

The good news is, it hasn't happened lately. I've been saving a backup offline every time I add a new batch of events, just in case.

The bad news is, apropos to my previous off-topic rant about the supernatural, I saw something yesterday that shook my world. Let's just leave it at that.

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

ok. lets call this closed unless you have something else to report specific to the plugin.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                ok. lets call this closed unless you have something else to report specific to the plugin.
                Agreed.

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                X