Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS-WD100+ and HS-WA100+ stopped working - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD100+ and HS-WA100+ stopped working - HELP!

I installed a HomeSeer 3-way switch setup in my living room this past December. It worked perfectly for the past 4 months. I use SmartThings as the hub.

This past weekend, the 6 recessed lights blinked a few times and then went out. The lights no longer turn on. The HomeSeer switches' LEDs light up but the recessed lights stay off. SmartThings can still see the lights and it thinks they're turning on/off.

I tested the bulbs in a simple plug-in lamp and they work fine. I also swapped out the bulb for an LED bulb and the HomeSeer couldn't turn it on.

Where should I start my diagnosis?

try pulling and resetting the air gap switch on the HS dimmer (or turn off the circuit breaker). If that doesn't work, turn off your breaker, remove the dimmer and and wiring the line directly to the load.

If the lights come on normally when you flip on the breaker you may have a bad dimmer. If the lights don't come on, the problem is in your wiring.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

OK I will try that this weekend.

I turned the breaker off for 30 seconds and it still didn't work when I tried again.

Does HomeSeer have any kind of replacement program for failed switches? Hard to believe that their product is meant to only last 4 months.

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing. While I am away, just the other day it's status went to 'unknown' and I can't connect via z-wave to it.
        It's 13 months old. No local control - nothing...

Is this usual for these switches?

When I get home, I'll reset the breaker - hopefully that works...

Robert
        Last edited by langenet; June 23, 2018, 03:52 PM.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X