ZWave Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave Hardware

Anybody know a good place to buy ZWave hardware that would tell stock information? I noticed that most websites let you buy stuff only to realize later that it's backordered. They don't tell you it's backordered, you just know it after waiting for order shipped email that never arrives.

Homeseer Technologies, if they normally carry what you need. Their customer support is top notch, and typically they will list something backordered on the site, and keep that information up to date. If something should happen, you will get an email within hours telling you that there is a problem.

Bill

Comment

Yeah but they don't carry ZTW100 though. I ordered it from one of their distributors and up until now the status is still order processed. If I knew it was backordered I would have not bought it there in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by MailTrashBin
        Yeah but they don't carry ZTW100 though. I ordered it from one of their distributors and up until now the status is still order processed. If I knew it was backordered I would have not bought it there in the first place.
        Who was the distributor?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

AutomatedOutlet. I'm planning to cancel the order and get the switch some place else if I don't hear from them. Any other place where I could get ZWave hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by MailTrashBin
            AutomatedOutlet.
            AutomatedOutlet is not a distributor for HomeSeer Tech just so you know.

Comment

Really? I just based it from here:
              http://homeseer.com/howtobuy/distributors.htm

Comment

They are a reseller of our software.

Just call us if you want to know for sure if we have something. We are pretty good about only listing items that we have in stock in our store. Soon our new store will track inventory, so if we are out of stock, you won't be able to add it to your cart.

Now, keep in mind that that the functionality of the ZTW100 is now available in all the newer ACT switches. This means you can buy a ZRW153, cap off the load wire, and use it as a transmitter. I know the cost might be a little more, but it will work. We have many ZRW153's in stock as I write this.

Note that the ZTW100 is discontinued as they are working on a replacement, the ZTW103.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                  We are pretty good about only listing items that we have in stock in our store.
                  Geez Rich. I'm still waiting on an order for a ZRW103W that I placed in September. There certainly wasn't any indication on the web site that they were out of stock, and my Credit Card was charged right away....

Comment

Steve,
                    The HomeSeer store was just upgraded in the last couple of weeks so when you ordered the "in stock solution" wasn't in place.

Comment

What's wrong with ZTW100 Rich? Why is it discontinued?

Comment

Rupp answered the question. The new store will be tracking stock so you know if we have it or not when you order it. Are you sure you need a 103? We have the 153 which should work. The only difference is one is 15 amp and the other is 20 amp.

As with any product, they get updated. Zensys has released new versions of their Z-Wave chip and this chip is going into newer products. I don't know for sure all the details on the changes, but that is probably one of them. For sure, the firmware will be updated.

Comment

The others are reliable, but I've always had good luck with Worthington, but you should call them on the phone since their web page is marginal at best. They may have your item, or it could be backordered, but if its backordered the longest I have ever waited was 2 or 3 days. Sometimes they tell me its backordered, and maybe I change my mind a day or so later, so call up and I find out its already been shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                            Are you sure you need a 103?
                            I don't know that I even care. I didn't know the 103 was a problem, and I've never been given an option to change it. I don't even know if I can just cancel the order now. It was only one switch (the rest of the order eventually was delivered), so it's hardly worth waiting on forever.

It probably isn't worth me distracting this thread... Should I contact someone about it?

Steve

Comment

I seemed to have killed the thread. That wasn't my intention. Sorry.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X