IFTTT By IFTTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT By IFTTT

I know folks have been wanting to use UltraMon3 HSPI to detect when users are home and when they are away based on their iPhone network status. However, the iPhones seem to go into sleep mode pretty regularly, so using ICMP ping is not a reliable means of determining this.

It looks like the automation service IFTTT (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifttt/id660944635) recently added location features. I just download the application to see what it can do. It looks pretty sweet so far. I'll try to figure out the best way to interface this with HomeSeer so I can determine who is home and who is way.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

We have an android tablet doing the same. Nexus 7 to be exact.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I believe that there is a plug in the works , it's made by Spud, just to let you known.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

There's a plugin out there, but it uses IFTTT to place a file in Dropbox and then the plugin checks Dropbox for the presence of the file. It works but it's kludgy. I mailed IFTTT asking for details on registering a dedicated app but never heard back.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Working...
        X