Default password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default password

I've just downloaded the pi2 image and installed it.
    I'm now down at the first hurdle.

The installations instructions say the user name is - default and the password is - default.

However that doesn't seem to work!

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try one of the following:

homeseer/hsthsths3
    root/hsthsths3
    homeseer/homeseer
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks, first one got me in. No hs3 installed though.
      I'll have a play

Comment

Seems to be there. No demo available though.

I'm a bit nervous about buying it, I should maybe just but hs3 full version!

Comment

Yeah, I just run the full version on a Pi2...

Comment

Is it fast and stable?

I've just threw my Vera edge out.
            I'm testing this and indigo.
            To be honest indigo has just worked and is easy to setup.
            HS3 worked on the Windows 7 VM but not on the Mac.

I'm a bit nervous that a company can't get the installation instructions correct can have very good quality control. If that's the case I wonder how bad the software is. !!

Better than Vera obviously but worth the money?

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty stable and fast on the Pi2. Lots of users are running on the Pi platform.

You have a couple of options:
              For the money, the Zee S2 is great since it comes with a z-wave controller built-in.
              If you go with software-only, it's a bit more expensive and you still need a z-wave controller like the Z-Net which adds to the cost.

With either option, you cant go wrong.

Comment

Documentation for default userid & password?

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Try one of the following:

homeseer/hsthsths3
                root/hsthsths3
                homeseer/homeseer
                I presume this is documented in the (quick start?) manual for the Windows version. Last night, I needed this information after re-imaging my SD card with the RPi 2 image, but got stuck at the command prompt. Looks like the RPi 2 image is a stripped-down version of Raspian, without a GUI.

There should be a quick start manual for RPi 2 users to get them going. I ran into issues such as requiring a physical network connection (previously had only WiFi on my RPi 2), needing to download a 2Gb image from Homeseer, and no GUI, but none of this is documented.

Comment

Originally posted by coghlan View Post
                  I presume this is documented in the (quick start?) manual for the Windows version. Last night, I needed this information after re-imaging my SD card with the RPi 2 image, but got stuck at the command prompt. Looks like the RPi 2 image is a stripped-down version of Raspian, without a GUI.

There should be a quick start manual for RPi 2 users to get them going. I ran into issues such as requiring a physical network connection (previously had only WiFi on my RPi 2), needing to download a 2Gb image from Homeseer, and no GUI, but none of this is documented.
                  Yeah, documentation is not one of HST's strong points. They rely on this board for more detailed instructions. You can send off an email to sales at homeseer dot com and that will get to Mark. He's the best for receiving this type of feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Yeah, documentation is not one of HST's strong points. They rely on this board for more detailed instructions. You can send off an email to sales at homeseer dot com and that will get to Mark. He's the best for receiving this type of feedback.
                    I'd be happy with a few screen shots, the default userids & passwords, a table showing limitations of the lite version etc.

Surely somebody went through that process when they put together the lite version and has a couple of pages of notes. Please put them in a quick start guide for DIY'ers that bought the RPi 2 licence and include it (or a link) with the download, rather than a link to the Windows version.

Comment

Working...
                    X