IFTTT and HomeSeer Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT and HomeSeer Events

Currently HomeSeer integration requires selecting of specific Events to run after a trigger.

I'm looking at setting something up using recipes and placeholders in IFTTT that would allow the user to say something like, "Ok Google, Event <Event Name> and it would run the specified event if found. If not found you'd get the regular Google "I don't know how to answer that"

While I can grab the Event the user speaks, there is no way to attempt to pass that to the HomeSeer Service in HomeSeer. IFTTT does allow passing of the text to services as an action, it just didn't seem to be supported by HomeSeer, unless I'm missing something.

This would allow users to Run events as soon as they are created, and allow running of any events in the system, not just preconfigured ones in Google Assistant.

Thanks!
    Ken Richards

I have several IFTTT applets that trigger HS3 events. They work fine. I use Alexa.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
      I have several IFTTT applets that trigger HS3 events. They work fine. I use Alexa.

Steve Q
      Same here. I also have several HS events that are triggered IFTTT from my Calendar, my location from Life360 and a few others.

Comment

Steve Q
        Begging your pardon, but is there anything special I have to do in HomeSeer to enable interaction with IFTTT? Specifically having IFTTT trigger a HomeSeer event? Cuz, I'm not having any luck with that.

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Does IFTTT work for you for things other than HS3? If yes then the issue is probably related to your myhomeseer/HStouch setup. Make sure you can control HS3 via HSTouch on you phone.

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Does IFTTT work for you for things other than HS3? If yes then the issue is probably related to your myhomeseer/HStouch setup. Make sure you can control HS3 via HSTouch on you phone.

Steve Q
            Yes, IFTTT works fine for everything else.
            I am able to use HSTouch (intermittently; but that's another issue). It is not a credentials issue. Also, IFTTT shows me as connected to HomeSeer.

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Comment

Well as it happens I discovered the problem: I am trying to call Homeseer from IFTTT, and trying to cal IFTTT from a flic button. Apparently the call from flic HAS to include a tag, even though it says "optional" in the setup screen.

Thanks for trying.

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                X