Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force device

Spud-

Occasionally a device fails to act on the instructions in a link and the status table or however the program keeps track of devices and their state is out of sync.

Is it possible to force a device to take an action despite its status in the table?

I could add a setting to force the plugin to send the action no matter what it thinks the status is, but this could add a lot of UPB traffic if actions are not wisely managed.

Is it with some specific devices you have problem with?
    Did you try to use the poll action to re-sync the status?

Comment

Force device

I have one or two devices that are an issue and I would like to send them a second command despite their status in the table.

I would not want to force send all commands so it would need to be a selective action just like check status is.

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
        I have one or two devices that are an issue and I would like to send them a second command despite their status in the table.

I would not want to force send all commands so it would need to be a selective action just like check status is.
        For those devices, why don't you use an event that would:

- send a command
        - poll the device to make sure its status is synchronized
        - send the same command again

you may need to add some "Wait" actions between the 3 actions

Comment

Let me try that.

Comment

Use a Scene

I found I needed this too. My example is turning on a light when a door is unlocked. This light was also frequently turned on/off by the lightswitch itself so HomeSeer would not always know the current state.

Originally I did add a Poll Device State followed by a 2 second wait to turn the light on but this seemed kinda clunky.

So the thought occurred to me to create is own Scene with the single light at 100%. Voila! You just change the event to activate this scene each time and it works regardless of the state HS thinks the switch it in.

Comment

Working...
            X