Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue on SOME sono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    looking at this log again ..... it actually starts out wrong, with the PI thinking it still has some announcement in its queue.
    If the problem persists, restart the PI and let's see if it still doesn't work. If it doesn't now take a log from the restart of HS all the way through at least 2 subsequent announcements for one linkgroup ie Bureau.
    I wonder if it got stuck in this funky state due to the text that sat in the "Intercept speaker devices" ...

Dirk
    Good afternoon Dirk

Not sure this has anything to do but need to mention that stopping the plugin took more than 5 minutes to complete, once done I started it back it took about the same time to restart it and while it was restarting, the following error appeared in the log file:

followed few minutes later by:

After more than 10 minutes waiting for the plugin to complete it's restart, I decided to stop HS, reboot the server and restarted it. I could not set the debug On in the PI but I excerpt the log from the shutdown to the reboot (see 1streboot.txt)

After, I activated the debug, restarted HS completely and did a first annoucements on the LinkGroup Bureau while it was playing radio, the annoucement came out almost immediatly but was truncated and radio was turn back on after, waited about 15 second and let the log stop logging and did a second test, this time the message was issued about 10 seconds after i press the button and my radio never came back

(see after_reboot_debugOn.txt)

Hope this log will give you some information..

thanks again
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
      Good afternoon Dirk

Not sure this has anything to do but need to mention that stopping the plugin took more than 5 minutes to complete, once done I started it back it took about the same time to restart it and while it was restarting, the following error appeared in the log file:

followed few minutes later by:

After more than 10 minutes waiting for the plugin to complete it's restart, I decided to stop HS, reboot the server and restarted it. I could not set the debug On in the PI but I excerpt the log from the shutdown to the reboot (see 1streboot.txt)

After, I activated the debug, restarted HS completely and did a first annoucements on the LinkGroup Bureau while it was playing radio, the annoucement came out almost immediatly but was truncated and radio was turn back on after, waited about 15 second and let the log stop logging and did a second test, this time the message was issued about 10 seconds after i press the button and my radio never came back

(see after_reboot_debugOn.txt)

Hope this log will give you some information..

thanks again
      Have you monitored this system for load/memory? It takes indeed forever to stop HS (1 minute) and start HS (almost 3 minutes), a lot seems to go on.

When I look at the trace of the announcement, I see a bit of a perfect storm. It appears the events are received and processed very sluggishly and I think the Sonos PI processes events out of sequence. Partly exacerbated due to a very short announcement.

Essentially, the PI does the following:
      a/ if the player is playing, stop it
      b/ set it to play from queue
      c/ add announcement to queue
      d/ generate play command
      e/ wait for playing event
      f/ wait for stop event
      g/ end linking and restore all players

In the trace, the announcement is very short and is over when the PI is still looking for the first stop event and stays stuck waiting for events that have passed to eventually time out or the events show up very late. The reason the second announcement is not successful is because the first was still timing out.

Have a look at your loading, also test with much longer announcements and see if that at least confirms my theory. The fact that you had issues stopping the PI itself raises my suspicion on resource issues (memory, handles etc.) I see you are still on HS version 368. A lot has been changed in the last year or so (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241); maybe be consider upgrading HS as well.

Dirk

Comment

Ok, I will do my homework starting by updating to 420, I'm afraid but I'll go ahead, I have been waiting to update because I am still using Homekit Plugin and I don't want to loose it until HS3 support homekit natively.

Will wait for the week end to go ahead in case of major issues so I have some more available time.

I will keep you posted

Comment

Working...
        X