www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > xAP > xAP Library

xAP Library Library area for plug-in nodes. Use the discussion area to discuss these - posting here is only allowed by the moderator.

Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Seer Master

Michael yes I am using HSP with the way2call unit.

I have set up an event to trigger on CID available and went to the action tab to set up the Xap selection but as you can see in the drop down I have nothing to pick from.

If this is not how I should be doing this please advise.
Thank you.
Attached Images

Netiom-Xap board
opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
Plug-In's
WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
IM Connector 4.87.2.5
Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
Odroid X2
Asterisk 11.5.1
FreePBX 2.11.0.42
WebMin 1.720
Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
OverSeer

This is a question you should post on the xap conduit forum. I've never used that plugin. mcsXap plugin provides an event xAP Message Action selection tab where you enter your xAP message fields that are to be sent when the event is triggered. James must of put some mechanism to send xAP messages, I just dont know what it is.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Seer Master

Question

Michael Thanks again for the update. I now have HSP Way2Call working with your MCSCID app.

Of course this leads to more questions.

1) should there be a balloon message with CID info on the computer running MCSCID?

2) Is there a setting to adjust how long MCSVOICE speaks the CIDINFO?

3) Is there a setting for changing Call From: to may be "Paul you have an Outside call From:" ok that is a bit long but you understand.

4) see my settings below: Action on CID Receipt xAP message display is that what I am looking for in my first question? or is that to broadcast the CID info to other Computers in some way?
Attached Images

Old January 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Seer Plus

I see switchboard was suggested in a nother thread. That's what I sue to deal with your issues.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Seer Master

Yes I breifly tried Switchboard and might still give it a go. But I am liking the number lookup feature with Michael's app. It searches HS address book , Outlook contacts & I beleive it uses AnyWho for a reverse number lookup as well.
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
1) should there be a balloon message with CID info on the computer running MCSCID?

3) Is there a setting for changing Call From: to may be "Paul you have an Outside call From:" ok that is a bit long but you understand.

4) see my settings below: Action on CID Receipt xAP message display is that what I am looking for in my first question? or is that to broadcast the CID info to other Computers in some way?
1./4. The Message.Display schema provides the output intended for small display devices such as LCD/Tivo/Popups. I use xapmcsUM to generate my popups on the local computer. I've seen others use the xAP Desktop for this as well.

2. There is no setting, but I could add a limit of number of characters that should be spoken if that would help.

3. I understand your desire and should be able to do that as well as tailor the from home/from cell aspect too.
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Seer Master

Ok Michael on this question

May be we could have a setting that would anounce 4 times.
1) You have a call from John Smith
wait some sec.
2) You have a call from John Smith
wait some sec.
3) You have a call from John Smith
wait some sec.
4) You have a call from John Smith

Something like that or one better is as long as the phone is ringing untill answered. but not sure how to get that into my event that is sending CID info from Way2Call.

I have this snipit in another one of my scripts may be I can addapt it to continue to send the Xap Cid.Incoming message.

flag=0
tmr=timer
ct=hsp.lineringcount(1)
While flag=0
While ct=hsp.lineringcount(1) And flag=0
hs.waitevents
If timer-tmr > 15 Or hsp.lineringcount(1) > 8 Then flag=1
Wend
If flag=0 Then hs.Speak "Incoming call from:" & callname
ct=hsp.lineringcount(1)
Wend

see what you think.

On the possible from Home or Mobile that would be neet coming out of the lookup in outlook contacts. I thought it did say what the tag was?

Here is a shot of one of my contacts in outlook 2003 if we could utlize the Home, Business, Mobile, Fax may be not fax
Attached Images

Old January 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Seer Master

FYI I notice if I set my event that is sending the HSP CID from Way2Call to the Xap network to trigger on every ring it anounces on every ring till I pick up the phone but the very first ring say caller Unknown because there is no cid information yet. It is sent between the first and second ring. if HS only had a selection for a trigger on every ring after CID is received.
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Seer Master

Thumbs up

Ok this script magically works. I have an HS event set up to trigger when CID is available.

This script will send xAP CID.incoming messages the whole time the phone is ringing until its picked up.

Again I am using Way2Call device with xAPMCSCID

Sub Main
dim callname
dim callnmbr
dim flag
dim tmr
dim ct
' get the caller directory name
callname = hsp.cidname(1)
' get the phone number
callnmbr = hsp.cidnumber(1)
body="CID.Incoming" & chr(10) & "{" & chr(10) & "name="&callname & chr(10) & "phone="&callnmbr & chr(10) & "}" & chr(10)
hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage "CID.Incoming",body
flag=0
tmr=timer
ct=hsp.lineringcount(1)
While flag=0
While ct=hsp.lineringcount(1) And flag=0
hs.waitevents
If timer-tmr > 15 Or hsp.lineringcount(1) > 8 Then flag=1
Wend
If flag=0 Then hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage "CID.Incoming",body
ct=hsp.lineringcount(1)
Wend
End Sub

Hope it helps some one else.
Old January 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
OverSeer

I added the format control to V1.5.6 to allow prefix to be changd and the suffix included/excluded.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Seer Master

Thanks Michael. Does your app also take CID info from an Xap message that is sending the following

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFE80002
class=CID.Meteor
source=liming.axc.house:Kitchen.vitel
}
Incoming.CallWithCID
{
rnnumber=Available
datetime=20070123140943
tag=1169579383.26-1169579383.28
type=Voice
name=Vtell_Paul (PCS)
phone=2602463

I know that your app is looking for CID.incoming I beleive all that would need to change is for the app to look for CID.Meteor as well the name= and the phone= look to be the same.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
OverSeer

are you using the xAP or xPL connector for asterisk? It looks like they are making it emulate a UK modem.
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Seer Master

I started with Xpl but other than a heart beat that was all the info coming out of Asterisk. I then found a package that I installed on my Asterisk box and it now sends Xap messages but when it sends CID it looks like the post above.

I can look at the files in the AXC package and see if I can change the message to fit your app. Don't know if that is all that is required but I will take a stab at it. I think all I need to change is the class=CID.Meteor to class=CID.incoming.
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:46 PM
OverSeer

Let me know if you can configure the application. It would be best to do it there so a generic CID could be sourced. If not then I could add the meteor one. I do not know how familiar you are with xPL, but it does impose a configuration requirement where applicaitons are not suppose to enter into the fray until they are configured. xpHAL or a dedication xPL configuration node are used to do the configuration.

I would also like you to run a test to see if heavy xAP messaegs load down HS2. The benchmark I ran showed a very significant difference between HS1 and HS2 with mcsXap.

I have an xAP scripting node at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=104479 . If the .exe in the zip file is run followed by the xapstress.vbs then xapbsc messages are generted at a high rate and the contents of the message consist of an incrementing counter that goes from 1 to 1000.

On the first test do not map the xapbsc message into a HS device, but just observe the CPU utilization for HS and hs_compatibility. On the second test allow the data from the message to populate an HS device and again observe the CPU utilization. Each test takes a few minutes for the 1000 messages to be sent.

Did you ever see what induced the rapid counts in the hub?

Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 24th, 2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Seer Master

I will try out your testing this weekend and let you know. So far with what Little I have running xAP I have not noticed any performance hits.

My other problem had to do with the way I set up XServer.
In Xserver you can allow individual xAp messages from xAP apps to send data to the remotes. But it looks like most broadcast info by default so when I checked items that all ready sends messages there were 2 messages from the same devices then they were repeated from all the HUB's as well things were looping all around.

I could get this to start looping if I saved the configuration in Xserver.

One thing to note is that when this happened the Xserver app was sending many many messages then it blew up and died.

I now have set up Xserver with only my Asterisk Xap messages being sent to the remote end. Now all is well.
Closed Thread