Z-Wave Plug in modules - fail to turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Plug in modules - fail to turn off

I've bought several plugin relay modules - and 2 of them now are failing within a few weeks.

They refuse to turn off completely - you can hear the relay trying to turn off, but power is still provided. The relay sound is weaker than normal

Even if you press the local toggle button, no difference.

Concerning that 2 of these modules have failed within a week. Is this a known problem with the ACT HomePro devices ??

This is the first report on this message board I've heard of this. Are these 220V?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes - ZRP210's

Out of 7 units, 2 have failed. I see this as serious - I don't have any faith in the quality of the units, not should I invest any further to replace my X10 system.

Comment

Further update - I think it's a pressure thing.

If i take the plug out it starts working again - i can then put the plugs back in.

So pushing in a plug must be excerting some pressure on the internal relay. Product design issue then.

Comment

Again, first I've heard of this so you must have received a bad batch.

Comment

Anything connected to line voltage failing in such a short time should be of major concern. If the relay is chattering, it's liable to heat up... a lot! If pressing on them fixes the problem, it isn't fixed. You've likely got bad solder joints inside and that's trouble.
            I went with Homesettings devices myself, simply because I can buy them locally. Seventeen in place so far and no problems whatsoever. I don't know if these are available in Europe or not.
            If it were me, and if indeed it is a "bad batch", I'd be returning the lot.

It's just my opinion Rupp, so don't blast me.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              Anything connected to line voltage failing in such a short time should be of major concern. If the relay is chattering, it's liable to heat up... a lot! If pressing on them fixes the problem, it isn't fixed. You've likely got bad solder joints inside and that's trouble.
              I went with Homesettings devices myself, simply because I can buy them locally. Seventeen in place so far and no problems whatsoever. I don't know if these are available in Europe or not.
              If it were me, and if indeed it is a "bad batch", I'd be returning the lot.

It's just my opinion Rupp, so don't blast me.
              I'm not going to blast anyone, I too would return these as there's obviously a problem with these. I was just stating that several thousand of these are in use and this is the first I've heard of this.

Comment

Homesetting / Intermatic not available in Europe - only 908 mhz Z-Wave

Comment

As they say in London... Pity.
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                  X