This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Screen shot or your just trying to cover up apple issues.
    Here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1183431

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Spud,

I've been fussing with this all morning and can't seem to get the iOS app to connect at all. I get
      Error Invalid response from API.

So... I tried your suggestions from earlier in this thread. I set the log to Debug and output is showing the plugin running and finding some devices even though I don't have any configured.

I did open port 8072 on my router to the ip of my HS box. It does have BlueIris running on it as well but on port 8181.

A browser on the HS3 machine shows the correct output as far as I can tell. A browser on my iPhone pointing to the issapi/system address returns a "This webpage is not available", error.

I figure this is a 'doh!' moment but do you have any suggestions?

Cheers!

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgrainger View Post
        Hi Spud,

I've been fussing with this all morning and can't seem to get the iOS app to connect at all. I get

So... I tried your suggestions from earlier in this thread. I set the log to Debug and output is showing the plugin running and finding some devices even though I don't have any configured.

I did open port 8072 on my router to the ip of my HS box. It does have BlueIris running on it as well but on port 8181.

A browser on the HS3 machine shows the correct output as far as I can tell. A browser on my iPhone pointing to the issapi/system address returns a "This webpage is not available", error.

Cheers!

Chris

I've also had issues connecting. It seems there may be a problem if one is using a username and password as once I deleted jt it worked fine. I changed the username and password a number of times before finally deleting it and it worked...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgrainger View Post
          Hi Spud,

Cheers!

Chris
          is your iPhone connected in WiFi to your local network?
          Do you have the windows firewall and/or an A/V turned on on your HS3 machine? try to turn them off for testing

Comment

I can't figure out how to get a lot of the devices added. Maybe I'm just lazy but is there a page where one can go to see this is how to add locks, sensors, etc? I know that some things can't be added yet but I think a how-to for each of the indicated devices would be helpful...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
              I can't figure out how to get a lot of the devices added. Maybe I'm just lazy but is there a page where one can go to see this is how to add locks, sensors, etc? I know that some things can't be added yet but I think a how-to for each of the indicated devices would be helpful...
              Yeah you're right, I'm going to add detailed instructions and examples in the User Guide thread.

Comment

Just want to say thanks for this plugin as it is a dream come true, HSTouch was just much more than I wanted to deal with. This is perfect, I look forward to paying the fee to activate this plugin as it is well deserved.

-K

Comment

Last edited by hleidecker; February 20, 2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

fixed in the next release, thank you for reporting the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      is your iPhone connected in WiFi to your local network?
                      Do you have the windows firewall and/or an A/V turned on on your HS3 machine? try to turn them off for testing
                      I knew it would be a, "Doh!", moment. I neglected to check the HS3 box for a firewall. Damn Windows Firewall was turned on. Turning it off and what do ya know, connection!

Now to start fiddling with it....

Thanks for the help

Chris

Comment

Got my phone connected both on LAN and WAN, but from there I'm having 'problems' or really questions..

1) I see there are a bunch of items in IH (mostly events) but very few other items, and those items that are present only have name, and don't include zone or group. So I have no idea what the 10-15 "Light" items actual represent in my house.

2) I see that there are tabs for security devices, Sensors, Multi Switches and Cameras in the plug-in's configuration. Does this mean I have to manually set up the 75+ items in these tabs before I can use them in IH?

3) What does "ImperiHome Standard System" mean in the IH app? There are a metric ton of these in devices.

I've got to be doing something wrong here, it's going to take weeks to get the items entered in the plug-in correctly (if that's what needs to be done).
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                          Got my phone connected both on LAN and WAN, but from there I'm having 'problems' or really questions..

1) I see there are a bunch of items in IH (mostly events) but very few other items, and those items that are present only have name, and don't include zone or group. So I have no idea what the 10-15 "Light" items actual represent in my house.

2) I see that there are tabs for security devices, Sensors, Multi Switches and Cameras in the plug-in's configuration. Does this mean I have to manually set up the 75+ items in these tabs before I can use them in IH?

3) What does "ImperiHome Standard System" mean in the IH app? There are a metric ton of these in devices.

I've got to be doing something wrong here, it's going to take weeks to get the items entered in the plug-in correctly (if that's what needs to be done).
                          1) All On/Off/Dim devices, Thermostats, Door Lock, and Events should appear automatically in ImperiHome without any configuration. Those devices are grouped by location1 or location2. The default is location1 which by default in HS3 is the "Room", if you would rather use location2 for grouping, go to the plugin config page and set the "Group By" field to location2 (You may have to restart the plugin for this to take effect)
                          Events are grouped by event groups.

2) Yes, other devices have to be configured manually, but really it doesn't take much time, just select the type of device you want to create then select the HS device to map, group and name fields are automatically filled.

3) "ImperiHome Standard System" (ISS) is the name of the ImperiHome API. I'm not sure what you mean by "There are a metric ton of these in devices."? where do you see this?

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

2) Since Imperihome doesn't directly support Homeseer the plugin was made to play the middle man and convert the homeseer devices into the correct format that Imperihome needs to see them. So yes you have a bit of work to do, unlike if Imperihome were to add everything on their end and had direct support for Homeseer.

3) I'm also confused, maybe a screen shot would show us if there is an issue.

Comment

I don't see any of my door locks, nor my alarm panel- I'm using the vista plugin for this so not sure I'm supposed to. Here's what the device selection looks like on ios. As you can see this is quite a mess and I'm not sure what each one of those mean. If I pick door lock it doesn't tell you which door lock and there is no mention of my kwikset doorlocks anywhere else. The door lock here apparently doesn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                                I don't see any of my door locks, nor my alarm panel- I'm using the vista plugin for this so not sure I'm supposed to. Here's what the device selection looks like on ios. As you can see this is quite a mess and I'm not sure what each one of those mean. If I pick door lock it doesn't tell you which door lock and there is no mention of my kwikset doorlocks anywhere else. The door lock here apparently doesn't do anything.

Looks like what you are seeing there, is the devices from the demo system. You need to go in "My systems" and disable the demo system, and make sure your HS3 system is enabled.

Devices from your security panel: door sensor, motion sensor, etc.. need to be manually configured from the "Security Devices" tab. For your door locks you need to check that the HS devices have the "control use" property set to Door Lock/Door Unlock

Comment

Working...
                                X