Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled events not executing at all - HS3Pro

Backstory:

Project was completed around 1 month ago, everything was working as intended, all the scheduled events were being executed perfectly on time, etc.

But a couple of days ago, all of the scheduled events stopped working altogether.

The owner told me that his house suffered from a severe power outage around that very same time (entire AV rack is connected to an UPS, so no harm was done), but when I connected remotely to the controller, I saw that a couple of options had returned to their default value, for example, all the thermostats were being displayed in F instead of C.

So maybe the power outage had something to do with it?

I've checked all of the events, and all of them are enabled, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Here's the system profile (HomeTroller S6 Pro).

Code:
    Current Date/Time: 3/15/2018 9:35:58 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 17 Minutes 30 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.12.36
    Number of Devices: 147
    Number of Events: 74
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    0.0.0.27: drhsIpPlugIn
    5.0.0.59: Global Cache Pro
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
    . . .a couple of days ago, all of the scheduled events stopped working altogether. The owner told me that his house suffered from a severe power outage around that very same time (entire AV rack is connected to an UPS, so no harm was done), but when I connected remotely to the controller, I saw that a couple of options had returned to their default value, for example, all the thermostats were being displayed in F instead of C.
    Is it possible the UPS ran out of juice before the power was restored?
    I'd start by replacing the HS database with the last backup saved before the power outage and see if normal behavior returns.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Is it possible the UPS ran out of juice before the power was restored?
      I'd start by replacing the HS database with the last backup saved before the power outage and see if normal behavior returns.
      But could a normal shutdown to the controller cause this?

Comment

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
        But could a normal shutdown to the controller cause this?
        A normal shutdown will not affect the database, but a disorderly shutdown can. From your description of a power outage your shutdown doesn't sound "normal".
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Interesting... I experienced a similar issue with events not working after an upgrade see this post https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187161

However yours seems to be happening on a previously working system. Does the problem remain after a reboot?
          Billy

Comment

Working...
          X