XTB-IIR Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XTB-IIR Device

This will be a one post with pictures DIY installation description for the XTB-IIR.

Note: Saftey and adherence to local electrical codes stuff.

I am building one 8X14" page and will included all of the pictures on said document. I installed it yesterday and will remove and take more pictures reinstalling it with a pictorial.

I could only find spools of 12 guage stranded electrical cable in the house and wanted to use 14 guage. So I stripped out the 14 guage stranded cabled from a computer power supply cable. The box will be mounted below the single duplex electrical box under the fuse panel. It will traverse the old for XTB single duplex box to get to the fuse panel. Initially tested it with a TW-523. Will show X10 Elk signal's bar graphs with built in TW-523 and externally plugged in TW-523 and CM11A.

BTW - wife changed the cover to the kitchen table after about 10 years.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; September 11, 2012, 10:15 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Post #2 Testing the XTB-IIR Device using built in TW-523 interface, external TW-523 interface and CM11A interface using an ELK ESM X10 Signal tester pics.

The XTB-IIR device will utilize two free breakers on the two phases.

Today moved the XTB-IIR to a location adjacent to the fuse panel where it will stay. Will take pictures.

Testing some more with the ESM1 Signal meter I am getting 5v reads on the three floors outlets and two phases of the electrical panel.

I have electric out from the house from 50-150 ft so will test signal meter reads there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; September 12, 2012, 11:55 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Post #3 Final installation pics of XTB-IIR Device. Easy to do. Just be safe. If you are not comfortable with working in your fuse panel then hire an electrician.

I moved the XTB-IIR to the right of the fuse panel mounted it on wood next to the other dedicated for PIM outlets. That said for the time being I used a 14 guage three wire computer power cable. I do not have stranded 14 guage spools of electric cable at this time. As everything is conduit replacing the computer power cable with a 90 degrees metal conduit to go into the fuse panel and will probably just utilize same cable inside of the conduit.

I also updated documentation for the fuse panel breakers / locations. The two hot leads from the XTB-IIR are connected such that one is on a high breaker on one phase and the other lead is low positioned breaker on the opposite phase. Not sure if this makes any difference as my Elk meter is showing 5mv no matter where the connections are at on the panel. I also did notice that I see a signal on the meter when sending out UPB commands. This is the first time I have seen this or even looked at the meter when sending out UPB commands.

Comments - The legacy XTB device talking to one phase was still putting out 3-4-5 Mv on said phase. Just utilizing a CM11A or TW-523 was only putting out 1-2 Mv on whatever phase it was talking on. You are now talking to both electric phases of your panel and have the ability to utilize internal TW-523 and external X-10 device whatever that may be.

I have the UPB phase coupler off as I saw that the repeater seemed to work better with it off than on. I might remove it in the near future.

Historically I have always referred to my XTB as using X10 on steroids. The new XTB-IIR is X10 on steroids level II now with it talking to two phases.

There is no competiton for this unique device at this time that I know of.

Great stuff here!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; September 13, 2012, 10:48 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
      X