Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be a pain, I stopped your plugin for running for couple of weeks and I did not have any issues with the FOSCAM that I have. Yesterday I went into the ini file and I excluded those ip addresses from the exclude list in the ini file. After running it for few minutes, I had those cameras off line again, they get disconnected. Any other suggestion that you may give, I love this plugin and I hate not to use it because of these cameras. I removed them from the ini as well.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Comment

@Aldo,

Curious if you are using the Foscam cameras wirelessly?

My two early first and second generation wired Foxcams would go in to boot loops on their own. The were the PT style and I could induce a boot loop on the camera in the garage by changing the light (opening the door) and moving them at the same time.

Basically if I didn't touch them they did OK except for sometimes. The use of wireless though for any camera should be a last methodology if you have no other options.

I have since switched over all of my outdoor IP cameras to one MFG's wired POE cameras (well it couple of years back).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,
        No all my cameras are wired. What is interesting is that I discovered it while upgrading to HS3. I always had this problem since HS2, ironically since I did not know at that time why they were going off line I used the same plugin to reboot them :-)

If I ping them directly, I do not have issues with them, something else is triggering the cameras to stop functioning.

Thanks,
        Aldo

Comment

Aldo,

Do you have Network intrusion enabled? If so, disable it to see if that makes a difference.

It will be an event that runs 'Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben'
          Jon

Comment

I did, I disabled one and then the other to see which one would have caused the issue. I do not think the intrusion is the issue since it did not cause any issues to the cameras when it was enabled.

Comment

So can you confirm if you just disable the Jon00RCCNMHS3_MonitorHS3.vben event it stops the issue?
              Jon

Comment

Only the network is enabled and I already got two cameras down. From tinycam I get Video Failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number)

Attached are the two events.
                Attached Files

Comment

I really don't know as all it does is ping each address defined .

Make a copy of the ini files and then start from scratch with just one device. Does that cause an issue?
                  Jon

Comment

I will test it out.

Comment

Yeah here use Jon's plugin/script to monitor my HSTouch screens and I was for a bit getting intermittent disconnects. I never rebooted them as they would always come back.

I did also keep installing more stuff on them talking to the mothership such that they were a bit chatty cathy. I recently went to used embedded wintel on them and over the last few months they are doing well.

This is unrelated to your Foscams as they do not run in Wintel. That said they do get over overexerted some times cuz of their tiny CPU / memory. Streaming from them does sometimes push a bit on them.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Reporting back, on one device as you suggested I did not lose any camera yet. I will keep one device for now and start adding more every day. Now I'm getting curious on what the cause may be. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Hi Jon00,

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I have moved towards a Linux HS3 server and am making huge progess in moving all of my system across.

I use many of your plugins, which are windows specific plugins (e.g. Email, RCCNM and so on). I am curious if the remote exe files can be run on a windows computer, but the scripts run on the linux machine?

I have a windows VM which I use to run a number of pager decoder systems and so on, so there is no issue from my side in running a few more programs on that, but was just curious if the scripts are likely to have issues with the system change as well?

Many Thanks!
                          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Both RCCNM and Email use direct Windows calls so no.
                            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,
                              think I figure it out what the problem was, when I included the switch it was causing the issue.

Right now I have a very small problem, it does not show the icons for the devices, the icons are in the right directory in html.

I attached a screen shot, before, I remove the devices, they were showing fine.

Thanks,
                              Aldo
                              Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried assigning another icon from the setup page to see if they appear?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X