Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduler.dll is a HS3 Library file.

All I can suggest is to restart HS3. There have been a number of problems with 3.0.0.181 so perhaps this is also related.
    Jon

Comment

Restart did not change anything.

Do I need to submit a bug report or is this something you will take action on?

Charlie
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I had issues here with 177 & 181 and currently running 182.

I am also using a free auto starter program called RD from R2 studios. Works well with the touch clients that I manage with Jon's remote application.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Where can I get the .182

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Looks like version 182 was pulled. 181 is still there. Here is the link to 185.

Note that I haven't tried 185 yet as I am on 182 (well and have bugzilla tickets open on it right now)

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_185.exe

Just remembered too that you are running a VM of W2008 64 bit eh? Wondering if that could cause an issue? Have you run the application-script before?

Here I am running a W2003 32 bit VM inside of Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit. I use it only for my speaker dot exe and my Microsoft SAPI TTS voice fonts.

That said my HStouch HS3 clients are running embedded windows.
            Last edited by Pete; June 11, 2015, 02:15 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

HS3 is running on Win7 Pro.

So I updated HS to the 1.85 and things started to work again. While looking for the status update on my HTPC machine, I noticed all the RCC files were gone as well the HS devices. Reinstalled all these and recreated devices, and things are running smooth now.

Question, How can you monitor mobile devices such as android or such, if your plugin requires client software?

Comment

Good news!!

Question, How can you monitor mobile devices such as android or such, if your plugin requires client software?

You cannot run the client on non Wintel computers.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post

Pete is correct that you need Windows Computers for remote control, however it depends what you mean by monitoring. Any device that is connected to your Network (hard wired or Wi-Fi) should be able to be monitored for presence via the network monitoring feature.
                  Jon

Comment

Great.

So I was able to go through Network Discovery & Setup Page (http://192.168.1.XX/Jon00RCCNM.asp) and configure all our devices (mobile and hardwired) such as routers, cable boxes, tablets, smartphones, etc...

Created only Network Devices as we wont be able to run Client software so no sense in having those kind of HS devices.

Got a question about monitoring the state or status of these devices for the use of a Event Trigger. Lets use for an example and Smartphone, is it possible to use the Offline/Online status as a trigger?

I ask cause during event construction, I don't see any special triggers and if I try to use the general device status, I'm not sure what the values would be.

Thanks

Charlie

Comment

You just trigger on the device value for each network device. As per the docs on page 8 the device values will be:

1 = Device is online
                      2 = Device is troubled
                      Jon

Comment

Sorry for the bother. I should have looked there first.

We do appreciate all your efforts and contributions.

Charlie

Comment

Good news Charlie.

Here I have a mixture of devices and utilize Jon's monitoring for that stuff. I have also now changed the DNS names, IP and MAC address such that they make more sense to me when monitoring.

I use the remote client stuff primarily for the HSTouch stuff. It uses much of the Wintel based OS stuff. That said with a little bit of this or that you can use different OS's with it.

Here a quickie snapshot of the stuff.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pete; June 13, 2015, 03:57 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I recall WiFi triggers on mobile devices being talked about before in the HS2, and was wondering now with timers in HS3 if this would now be a more viable application.

Basically every time the users mobile comes onto the LAN, have a timer reset. A event could toggle a virtual device Home/Away when the timer is greater than "X" time.

Anyone foresee any issues with this and what might be acceptable time fore the timer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure I've done somthing wrong, but.....

Getting this error every time it runs (5 min)

Jun-14 7:38:04 AM Error 1 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                                I'm sure I've done somthing wrong, but.....

Getting this error every time it runs (5 min)
                                Are you running it via an event? If so don't. This is triggered by the network intrusion script and only used for people who want to do their own scripting.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X