Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerLinc USB

Downloaded and installed, but the SmartHome PowerLinc USB isn't available, the old "hspi_powerlincusb.exe". Will this be added to the beta?

Thanks,
    Terry

Comment

Rich,
      Is it possible to allow us to run HS on a different machine from HS2? I am putting HS3 on a new machine and do not want to reinstall HS2 just to do the upgrade. Can we have an option to point the import at the HS2 folder from another machine.

Thanks
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Looking at the list of plug-ins, the only one i use there is the rain/relay8. Without the UPB and Powerlinc USB plug-ins at least, HS3 is little more than a static model for me. Hopefully they will be coming soon.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Here I will utilize HS Box #2 which I have today connected some of the same hardware as main HS Box #1.

Here looking at:

Z-Wave
          X10 (supports TI103 and CM11A)
          HSTouch Server

Happy Birthday Marty!
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

CM15 support

I need CM15, for some reason my CM11 doesn't work reliably.

Comment

I have a HomeTroller S2 running HS Pro 2.5.0.77 and HSTouch 1.0.0.72. I have three of the new HS Touchscreens that I have not deployed or designed screens for them. I was waiting for HS3. Since my main plugin for the Centralite LiteJet is not ready (I do hope it's being updated, or no go for HS3 for me), I definitely need to keep running HS2. If I decided to buy another copy with the current 50% off special, I could keep my current HomeTroller running and run the beta on another machine, setting up Z-Wave and other devices on the beta that are currently supported.

Sorry for the long setup for the question: I don't imagine there would not be any way to have HSTouch clients access both setups, is there? I suppose I could log out of one server and log into the other server, but WAF would be pretty darn low on that. Any ideas?

Thank you,
              Kevin

Comment

The import tool looks at the registry to find your HS2 database file, but you can select it manually, so yes, you can run HS3 on a different PC.

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                Rich,
                Is it possible to allow us to run HS on a different machine from HS2? I am putting HS3 on a new machine and do not want to reinstall HS2 just to do the upgrade. Can we have an option to point the import at the HS2 folder from another machine.

Thanks
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We don't have any plans to convert the powerlinc USB as that has been out of production for years and the old one is actually an HS 1.7 plugin! I would just get a TI103. UPB is being worked on though, that is coming!

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                  Looking at the list of plug-ins, the only one i use there is the rain/relay8. Without the UPB and Powerlinc USB plug-ins at least, HS3 is little more than a static model for me. Hopefully they will be coming soon.

Comment

No, HSTouch can only access one system at at time.

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                    I have a HomeTroller S2 running HS Pro 2.5.0.77 and HSTouch 1.0.0.72. I have three of the new HS Touchscreens that I have not deployed or designed screens for them. I was waiting for HS3. Since my main plugin for the Centralite LiteJet is not ready (I do hope it's being updated, or no go for HS3 for me), I definitely need to keep running HS2. If I decided to buy another copy with the current 50% off special, I could keep my current HomeTroller running and run the beta on another machine, setting up Z-Wave and other devices on the beta that are currently supported.

Sorry for the long setup for the question: I don't imagine there would not be any way to have HSTouch clients access both setups, is there? I suppose I could log out of one server and log into the other server, but WAF would be pretty darn low on that. Any ideas?

Thank you,
                    Kevin

Comment

Rich,

Can I utilize my HSTouch client(s) (connected right now to the HSPro machine) to connect to the beta HS3 machine?

Looking to test the Android client(s) and a few Wintel clients.
                      Last edited by Pete; May 30, 2013, 09:38 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, HSTouch is working with HS3. No changes are required on the clients.

However, if you are using custom screens you will need to modify them as the devices won't have the same reference ID's in HS3 as in HS2 so any screens that have elements that reference devices will need to be updated.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Rich,

Can I utilize my HSTouch client(s) (connected right now to the HSPro machine) to connect to the beta HS3 machine?

Looking to test the Android client(s) and a few Wintel clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          So you got your zwave devices up and running? How about your stat?
                          using RCS serial.. still working bugs but Z wave is the bomb
                          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            We don't have any plans to convert the powerlinc USB as that has been out of production for years and the old one is actually an HS 1.7 plugin! I would just get a TI103. UPB is being worked on though, that is coming!
                            Not what I wanted to hear but understood. I only use X10 for a few palmpads and am in no hurry to move to a TI103 just for them.
                            Marty
                            ------
                            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                              Not what I wanted to hear but understood. I only use X10 for a few palmpads and am in no hurry to move to a TI103 just for them.
                              i agree.. i only went to a ti103 as i got it cheap in the FS section but my backup IS my CM1132U
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                No support for the 1132cu, that's not good... Was available from Smarthome in mid 2012, something that needs to be replaced is the serial TI103, same for the CM11A. Do any new computers come with serial ports anymore?? Will there be any support for Insteon?

Comment

Working...
                                X