Ecobee Offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecobee Offline

I have an event which informs me that Ecobee is offline according to Homeseer. I find that I quite often receive a message that the Ecobee is offline, and when I go to the thermostat, or login with the Ecobee app, I am able to access it. Today this happened numerous times - every 4 minutes, which I think is the default for monitoring. Suggestions on how to eliminate the false notifications? Thank you.

Other than your issues :-)

can you share how you set the event up. I wouldn't mind monitoring that.

Comment

The root device status can be set to Offline if the thermostat is actually Offline or if for some reason the plugin can't retrieve data from the Ecobee server when it tries to poll. So it doesn't necessarily mean that the thermostat is Offline.

Comment

TomGru, set up a device event that the device is the Ecobee thermostat, and is set to offline. I have it then text me via email that it is offline. But now going to add a counter that when it hits 15 - that would be one hour - of no communication with the Ecobee, lets me know so that I can check on it (I do occasionally have the Ecobee drop its WiFi connection).

When the Ecobee comes back online (to the app, anyway) I'll reset the counter to 0. Hopefully this will be a satisfactory way to monitor it.

Thanks for the info, Spud! Great app.

Comment

Originally posted by mdavison View Post
          TomGru, set up a device event that the device is the Ecobee thermostat, and is set to offline. I have it then text me via email that it is offline. But now going to add a counter that when it hits 15 - that would be one hour - of no communication with the Ecobee, lets me know so that I can check on it (I do occasionally have the Ecobee drop its WiFi connection).

When the Ecobee comes back online (to the app, anyway) I'll reset the counter to 0. Hopefully this will be a satisfactory way to monitor it.

Thanks for the info, Spud! Great app.
          SO when device (scones) changes and becomes offline...you start the time. Another event to reset timer if it comes back online?

Comment

I have 3 events.

One - IF EcobeeOnline value becomes this: 15
            Then Send an Email to myname@myaddress
            with the subject Ecobee Communication Lost

Two - IF Thermostats Ecobee Downstairs Ecobee had its value set to Offline
            Then Increment counter EcobeeOnline

Three - IF Thermostats Ecobee Downstairs Ecobee had its value set to Online
            AND IF EcobeeOnline value has exceeded this: 0
            Then Send an Email to myname0@myaddress
            with the subject Homeseer Ecobee Online
            Then Reset counter EcobeeOnline (To Zero)

Make sure to run Three when you're set up to zero the counter the first time.

Comment

Comment

Hi Spud, having the same issue, when I try to re authorize it and click on the button ecobee authorization, nothing happen while the log indicated this
                Oct-27 3:50:47 PM Ecobee ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                Thanks,
                Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                  Hi Spud, having the same issue, when I try to re authorize it and click on the button ecobee authorization, nothing happen while the log indicated this
                  Oct-27 3:50:47 PM Ecobee ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                  Thanks,
                  Aldo
                  Update to version 3.0.0.29 available in beta section of the updater. If you are on Linux this may still not work depending on the version of mono: