Can't send to LCD from event-works otherwise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't send to LCD from event-works otherwise

I'm running a Uno over Ethernet. The LCD seems to be configured correctly since I can send a message from the device page to each line and it appears properly. But when I try to send a text from inside an event it doesn't work. From an event, I can clear a line or the entire screen. I can turn the LCD on/off. The last change time shows up, just nothing on the LCD. Headbanging.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
    Barry
    Attached Files

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
    I'm running a Uno over Ethernet. The LCD seems to be configured correctly since I can send a message from the device page to each line and it appears properly. But when I try to send a text from inside an event it doesn't work. From an event, I can clear a line or the entire screen. I can turn the LCD on/off. The last change time shows up, just nothing on the LCD. Headbanging.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
    Barry
    For some reason HomeSeer does not get the device thing updated before the send is initiated. I set the string with Easy Trigger, then send in a separate action. I think you can use your same action twice and the first pass will set the device string and the second send will get the data to the LCD.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      For some reason HomeSeer does not get the device thing updated before the send is initiated. I set the string with Easy Trigger, then send in a separate action. I think you can use your same action twice and the first pass will set the device string and the second send will get the data to the LCD.
      Thanks for the quick reply. An immediate second send doesn't work. I may have to try Easy Trigger. However, since a CLEAR action works and the SEND command does update the last device change time I'm thinking it might be a bug.

I may just go the API route.
      Barry

Comment

I came across this too...

See https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190903 for a solution.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          I came across this too...

See https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190903 for a solution.

Robert
          Thanks, I'll grab the Easy Trigger plug-in. Should probably have it anyway.

Barry

Comment

Working...
          X