Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Hue V1 to ConBee

Hy Wim,

first let me congratulate you for the outstanding work you have done with this plugin...
    Finally think i can automate everything without losing all my savings , and still have a nice system (i'm a big fan of Xiaomi).

My question:
    I received today the ConBee, still waiting for my Xiaomi devices. I have a V1 Hue Bridge, with 3 Philips Hue LivingColors (LCT001) and 7 LivingWhites (LWL001).
    Everything is working fine, with your plugin. I've recently had a problem with one of my lights, that become unreachable...and find out about the change on the firmware.
    It was a pain in the *** to find a solution...finally found the solution, with the help of Philips Hue web api.

So my question is, should i move my Hue lights to ConBee or stay with the Hue bridge V1? What is your opinion?
    I've seen the step by step you have posted, but can't find it now...if it's possible can you post again, please.

Thanks
    Nuno

PS: are you interested in making a plugin for Xiaomi Mi Robot. Just kidding.

nunoary,

That choice is up to you still I guess. The ConBee has a large advantage where it comes to choise of brands in bulbs, especially when it compares to a V1 bridge. Philips will update the V2 Bridge pretty soon too to support Zigbee 3 bulbs (no word on sensors though)

When you use sensors, the ConBee has another large advantage, as it can send an immediate update to the plugin to notify it of changes on the sensors. Philips bridges need to be activily polled for that, resulting in a lot of userless network traffic.

As the V1 bridge is older already, you can easily move the lights to the Conbee if needed. By holding a bulb close to the conbee and doing a touchlink proces in the webapp for the conbee, you can reset a bulb. A subsequent search for lights on the configuration page of the plugin would add the bulb to deCONZ for the conbee.
    Keep the plugin active during this proces and only this one by one. Wait for the plugin mentioning the move of a bulb has been done in the log. No need to change events for that then.

Restarting the plugin could result in doubling the devices (although that should be prevented now in the last beta), so just be a bit patient while doing this proces

Hope this helps?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim,

i think i'll make the move. I understand the steps to include in ConBee (doing a touchlink process in the webapp for the conbee, and one at the time with plugin always enabled).

But, still have a few doubts. Why reset the bulb? Where i reset, in ConBee our Hue app?

I don't need to delete the lights in Hue app? You said that i will not loose my events, so the same for HSTouch?

If i understand correctly, the steps are:

1 - install the conbee on my windows machine (will fallow the steps in https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192001;

2 - holding a bulb (one at time) close to the conbee and doing a touchlink proces in the webapp for the conbee;

3 - make a search for lights on the configuration page of the plugin;

4 - Wait for the plugin mentioning the move of a bulb has been done in the log.

That's it? I don't need to do nothing on the Hue Bridge/App?

Thanks again, and sorry for my questions/doubts
      Nuno
      Last edited by nunoary; February 18, 2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Nuno,

Reseting the bulb is needed to deconnect it from its gateway, otherwise there is no way of connecting the light to another gateway. So that is the first step you need to do.

The steps you describe should be good. With the plugin active, there is no need to bother about the Philips bridge, because the plugin should take care of the moving steps. it discovers a light moving to the conbee (or vice versa) and will subsequently remove the light from the Philips bridge and correct the internal administration in the device. After that it is as if the light has been on the conbee all the time. No action from you needed anymore...

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,

Thanks again.

My Xiaomi sensores finally arrived. Add to Conbee Gateway with Webapp, and they work fine for several hours. At some point they stop to work, i think because i didn't have any light included in the Conbee.

So, i try to move my Hue lights from the Hue Bridge to Conbee. I follow your instrutions, but can't make the touchlink process.

First i put the light (in this case LivingWhite LWL001) next to the Conbee gateway, start the webapp. On the webapp i scan the lights and reset the
          one i want to include, i can see on the devices manager page that this was done, because light became unreachable.
          Now for the second part, doing a touchlink process in the webapp for the conbee, i can't manage to make this process. I try several forms , but
          the light didn't appear on the home page of the Conbee webapp. Can you specify how this process work's.

After make the reset, this was the steps i do:
          With light on, click "open network" and wait to see in the log for the light move. Didn't happen, so make scan for devices in the JowiHue
          configuration page, still can't see the move on the log.
          Second try, was identically but use the Hue remote. Didn't worked either.
          Third try, with the light off and turn on after click on "open network", still can't include.
          So i'm stuck on this, and need some help.

I have another question. I have the Conbee gateway on my HS3 machine, i register it with no problem...My question is, we need to have the Deconz app allways open to make it worked, right? If the app it's not running i get "unreachable" on deCONZ-GW device. If that's right i need to make this process automatically.

Nuno

Comment

Nuno,

After the reset you should only need to use the scan devices on the configurtion page (or add light in Phoscon) “Open network” is only needed when you need to authorize another app.

You can check of things are succesfull by opening the deconz interface, you’ll see the light occur as new router there. It can take some time before it is seen by the plugin, up to 20 minutes after the double dot occurs on the device in deCONZ. Also you see confimation of the move in the HS3 log.

I am guessing you did it, but after the last update of bulbs by Philips it is needed to take the power of the bulb before you can do a reset... So make sure this is done before performing a reset throug deCONZ or dimmerswitch?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Ok, understand. I will try later, once i get home. I think the last update by Philips was a few months ago, i need to be sure but i think i didn't do it.

Can you please clarify for me if i need to have the deconz app running on my HS3 PC, for it to work? (maybe a silly question )
              Last edited by nunoary; March 21, 2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Nuno,

Sorry missed answering this indeed. Yes you need the deCOCNZ running all the time. You can look at it as a virtual bridge... you need it to translate the IP messages to zigbee messages.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Ok! Thanks Wim,

Sorry for being annoying, but I can’t make my lights move to Conbee. I did it like you said.

This was the steps by step:
                  1 – Put the light next to Conbee;
                  2 – On the Webapp scan for devices;
                  3 – Confirm the light, by click on the “blink” button;
                  4 - turn off the light;
                  5 – Click Reset, and wait for process finish;
                  6 - turn on the light
                  7 - make a search for lights on the configuration page of the plugin.

This was made last night, and so far nothing happened. Theres no light on deconz interface, needer show move in the log. It’s very frustrating. Am i missing something here?

I include all the sensors by Xiaomi with no problems.

For clearance, I have the Conbee install on my HS3 PC. I dodn’t know if I need to make some configuration on the deconz, because they have the same ip (Conbee and HS3 PC)…this makes me some confusion

For example: The ip of my HS3 PC is xxx.xxx.x.200 and the ip of conbee is xxx.xxx.x.200:8090

One thing I realize is that if I have the webpage of HS3 open on browser, I can’t open the page of the conbee Webapp or Phoscon at same time.

For worse things, now I have two devices for each light I tried to move. The one already exists, but now it stays unreachable, and a new one with the same name that doesn’t work.

Need help, thanks.
                  Nuno
                  Last edited by nunoary; March 22, 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Nuno,

Few things you need to check I suppose. With your mention of swtiching the light off, power is still on the bulb right? If it is, blink to confirm and then take power from the light for a few seconds (it needs to be really powered off for a reset to be successfull). then put power back on and perform the reset without blinking.

On step 4, the reset, did you see the light go on and dim to an off? this would be the Philips confirmation of a succesfull reset. Immediatly after a succesfull reset you can use add light in Phoscon or scan for devices in the plugin's configuration pages.

You should not run the webapp and Phoscon on the same port as HS3, let either HS3 change from port 80 to another one, or start deconz pointing to another port (by starting deCONZ with deCONZ --http-port=xxxx)
                    -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Few things you need to check I suppose. With your mention of swtiching the light off, power is still on the bulb right?
                      Yes.

On step 4, the reset, did you see the light go on and dim to an off?
                      The light goes on and stays on.

I've been trying this with LivingWhites. Now i tried with LivingColores A19, like livingwhites the light goes on and stay on with reset, but now when i scan for devices in the plugin's configuration pages the light appears in deconz interface (shows an yellow mark??). But get several errors on log, and the light didn't move.

Mar-22 20:39:36 JowiHue Error: (HandleWebQueue):HWQ: Updating light state :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:39:36 JowiHue Error: (HandleWebQueue):HWQ: Updating light state :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:37:57 JowiHue Error: (InitialLights)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:32:27 JowiHue Error: (InitialLights)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:27:45 JowiHue Error: (HandleWebQueue):HWQ: Updating light state :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:27:10 JowiHue Error: (HandleWebQueue):HWQ: Updating light state :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:26:57 JowiHue Error: (InitialLights)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:26:48 JowiHue Error: (HandleWebQueue):HWQ: Updating light state :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:26:46 JowiHue Error: (HandleWebQueue):HWQ: Updating light state :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:21:27 JowiHue Error: (InitialLights)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Mar-22 20:17:54 JowiHue Scanning New lights started. If New lights are found the plugin will add them automatically

You should not run the webapp and Phoscon on the same port as HS3, let either HS3 change from port 80 to another one, or start deconz pointing to another port (by starting deCONZ with deCONZ --http-port=xxxx)
                      I have HS3 on port 80, and deconz connected on 8090. Sometimes i see deconz connected to port 443. I don't now why and if this is normal. I will put down what i see in log.

Mar-22 12:22:22 JowiHue * Connected to bridge Philips hue at xxx.xxx.x.xx:80
                      Mar-22 12:22:22 JowiHue * Connected to bridge deCONZ-GW at xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8090
                      Mar-22 12:22:15 JowiHue Refresh bridge deCONZ-GW set to 30 seconds after establishing direct connection
                      Mar-22 12:22:14 JowiHue socket opened for deCONZ-GW on xxx.xxx.x.xxx:443
                      Mar-22 12:22:09 JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
                      Mar-22 12:22:08 JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.2.0 on Windows

After a reboot of deconz

Mar-22 19:03:26 JowiHue Refresh bridge deCONZ-GW set to 30 seconds after establishing direct connection
                      Mar-22 19:03:25 JowiHue socket opened for deCONZ-GW on xxx.xxx.x.xxx:443
                      Mar-22 19:03:21 JowiHue No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
                      Mar-22 19:03:04 JowiHue socket closed for bridge deCONZ-GW on xxx.xxx.x.xxx:443

Nuno

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                        Few things you need to check I suppose. With your mention of swtiching the light off, power is still on the bulb right?
                        Yes.
                        Did you follow up on the rest of my answer? Did you put the power from the philips bulb and restored it before resetting? This is really needed.

On step 4, the reset, did you see the light go on and dim to an off?
                        The light goes on and stays on.
                        again, you need to take away the power, restore power and then perform the reset....

I've been trying this with LivingWhites. Now i tried with LivingColores A19, like livingwhites the light goes on and stay on with reset, but now when i scan for devices in the plugin's configuration pages the light appears in deconz interface (shows an yellow mark??). But get several errors on log, and the light didn't move.
                        The yellow mark is because it is recognised as a zigbee router. That is correct. Can you check if you can control the device on and off on HS3? Maybe do a restart of the plugin to be sure. If you cannot control it, check the properties of the device, JowiHue tab to see which bridge is connected to the bulb. Also check if there might be a new light in the device list?

After a reboot of deconz

Mar-22 19:03:26 JowiHue Refresh bridge deCONZ-GW set to 30 seconds after establishing direct connection
                        Mar-22 19:03:25 JowiHue socket opened for deCONZ-GW on xxx.xxx.x.xxx:443
                        Mar-22 19:03:21 JowiHue No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
                        Mar-22 19:03:04 JowiHue socket closed for bridge deCONZ-GW on xxx.xxx.x.xxx:443
                        This is expected, connection cannot be made if deCONZ is not there? And after the reboot, connection is made again. All perfectly normal

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

I have HS3 on port 80, and deconz connected on 8090. Sometimes i see deconz connected to port 443. I don't now why and if this is normal. I will put down what i see in log.
                          Phoscon and webapp are plugins running on deCONZ, deCONZ running on port 8090 means the JowiHue plugin can connect to the Conbee with port 8090.
                          Phoscon and the webapp will run on port 80 if hs3 is not started before deconz (deCONZ should indeed start before HS3.. ).

Please try running deCONZ with the --http-port parameter? You can then open Phoscon and webapp on the specified port.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi,

Yes Wim, i power off wait a few seconds and power on, before reset. This was my steps:
                            1-Turn power off all lights except the one i want to move;
                            2-On deconz interface i open webapp and scan for lights;
                            3-Turn off the switch and wait a few seconds;
                            4-turn on the switch and click reset;
                            5-scan for devices in plugin.

It create a new light on the device list. Now i have two, the first linked to hue bridge that i can't control anymore, and the new one named "Light 1" witch i can control. So i thing that the move doesn't go well.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            Phoscon and webapp are plugins running on deCONZ, deCONZ running on port 8090 means the JowiHue plugin can connect to the Conbee with port 8090.
                            Phoscon and the webapp will run on port 80 if hs3 is not started before deconz (deCONZ should indeed start before HS3.. ).

Please try running deCONZ with the --http-port parameter? You can then open Phoscon and webapp on the specified port.

Wim

I thing you mean "deCONZ should indeed start after HS3...". Right?

what do you mean by "running deCONZ with the --http-port parameter"?

Thanks, Nuno

Comment

It create a new light on the device list. Now i have two, the first linked to hue bridge that i can't control anymore, and the new one named "Light 1" witch i can control. So i thing that the move doesn't go well.
                              You can delete the one that does not have any control and rename the one "Light 1" to whatever you want.

I thing you mean "deCONZ should indeed start after HS3...". Right?
                              What Wim is saying is correct. You need to start deconz first so it can establish it's connections and then HS3.

what do you mean by "running deCONZ with the --http-port parameter"?
                              At the end of the executable that starts deconz you need to add the parameter so deconz can start on the right port.

c:\Users\....\AppData\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe --http-port=8090

So wherever you have this as a shortcut or an icon on the desktop to start deconz you need to put it in this way. The dots are whatever sub-directory that might be between users and AppData. There is a space between the end of the exe and the first dash.

Comment

Working...
                              X