Help setting up events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help setting up events

I can manually turn on each room but I have not yet figured out away to have a certain room turn on by an event. Does anyone have an event created so you can give me an example of how to create one with IRPSPEAK.

I am a newbie here so any help would be appreciated.

bump. I see no information anywhere about how to use this plugin as a speak proxy for volumes, etc when building events (and also didnt see a dictionary reference anywhere). Larry, can you guide us in the right direction?
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
      bump. I see no information anywhere about how to use this plugin as a speak proxy for volumes, etc when building events (and also didnt see a dictionary reference anywhere). Larry, can you guide us in the right direction?
      I copied this from another thread, I wonder if the install is installing the help file?

Here are some commands (quoted from help file) to use in scripts (including HS Phone).

The following are script commands that can be used to control the lrpSpeak:

SpkrOn(spkrname As String) --- Just turns speaker on and leaves it on......Note another command or speech from another source could shut the speakers off again.

SpkrOff(spkrname As String) --- Turns speaker off...

AllSpkrOn() --- Turns ALL speakers on and leaves them on...Note another command or speech from another source could shut the speakers off again.

AllSpkrOff() --- Turns ALL speakers off...

InputAB(strAB As String)

SetSpkrVol(strVol As String)

SetPostDelay(strDelay As String)

Example use in Script or Event:

&hs.plugin("lrSpeak").SpkrOn("Bedroom") --- Changes Bedroom (if that's it's name) speaker to ON. --- Speaker stays on until an OFF command is received. ...

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SpkrOff("Bedroom") --- Changes Bedroom (if that's it's name) speaker to OFF.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").AllSpkrOn() --- Turns ALL Speakers to ON until an OFF command is received.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").AllSpkrOff() --- Turns ALL Speakers to OFF.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").InputAB("A") --- Changes Input to A.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetSpkrVol("Soft") --- Sets volume to Soft. Possible values are Normal, Soft, Loud, Max.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetPostDelay("200") --- Sets post speaker shutoff to 200ms.

Options that can be sent to control plugin are encapsulated in text to be spoken.

For example any program (HSPhone) can use the following to control speakers:

"[Loc All] This is the text to be spoken by whole house."

The above line of text tells lrpSpeak to set location of speach to All (all speakers) and speak This is the text....

"[Loc All Vol Normal] This is also some text."

The above line tells lrpSpeak to use all speakers and volume normal.

So if you want to play music then use the SpkrOn(spkrname As String) command to leave that speaker on. Any other switch commands do not affect this speaker unless it is specified in the new command or an ALL is used. Does this make any sense?
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
      X