X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraWeatherBug HSPI For HomeSeer [NEW]

UltraWeatherBug for HomeSeer 2:

UltraWeatherBug is a HomeSeer 2 plug-in that reads live weather from any of the 8,000 WeatherBug Tracking Stations.
    • Written in VB.Net 2008, 100% managed code.
    • Multi-threaded.
    • Tested on Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.
    • Free 30 Day Trial

Other Features:
    • Supports up to 5 WeatherBug stations.
    • E-mail notification using e-mail templates.

HomeSeer Triggers:
    • Weather Alerts

HomeSeer Actions:
    • E-Mail Notification - Current Weather Conditions for selected station.
    • E-Mail Notification - Current Weather Forecast for selected station.
    • E-Mail Notification - Current Weather Alerts for selected station.

Installation:
    • Install and uninstall support using HomeSeer's new plug-in install template.

Version 1.0.3563.28022 - Released October 03, 2009
    • First public release.

Version 1.0.3579.28497 - Released October 19, 2009
    • Fixed date parsing issue with weather data from non-US locations.

Version 1.0.3582.28422 - Released October 22, 2009
    • Fixed issue preventing HomeSeer device value from being updated.
    • Removed debug output from the ClearExpiredWeatherAlerts routine.

Version 1.0.3595.25612 - Released November 04, 2009
    • Removed references to the deprecated Status properly of the HomeSeer DeviceClass.

Version 1.0.3632.33661 - Released December 11, 2009
    • Fixed the "Any" Weather Alerts HomeSeer trigger.

Version 1.0.3648.39982 - Released December 27, 2009
    • Added an option to store device values as either whole numbers or multiples of 100.
    • Added new HomeSeer device to keep track of the number of weather alerts.

Version 1.0.3662.19069 - Released January 10, 2010
    • Added option to create weather forecast for Today's and Tomorrow. Note: You must delete current Tomorrow's devices (if they exist).
    • Weather alerts now expire based on the expire date/time (instead of keeping them for 7 days).

Version 1.0.3679.38334 - Released January 27, 2010
    • Added new "UltraWeatherBug Speak" HomeSeer action.

Version 1.0.3864.14742 - Released July 31, 2010
    • Alerts now reflect the proper date/time (timezone offset is applied).
    • Added option to turn off device images.

Version 1.0.4039.16985 - Released January 22, 2011
    • Modified plug-in to purge all alerts if the getAlertsRSS returns 0 alerts.

Version 1.0.4081.21393 - Released March 05, 2011
    • Updated icons to 32x32 png (renamed to .gif)

Version 1.0.4246.36265 - Released Aug 17, 2011
    • Fixed issues assoicated with HP Touchpad

Version 1.0.4536.15151 - Released June 2, 2012
    • Modified speak action to support speaker host:instance.

Version 1.0.4587.29312 - Released July 23, 2012
    • Removed leading HTML encoded space from device string when Device Image was set to "No".
    • Added the following new HomeSeer event conditions: Current conditions, Todays prediction and Tomorrows prediction.

Version 1.0.4738.21017 - Released Dec 21, 2012
    • E-mail action now uses UltraSMTP HSPI to send e-mail (if installed).

Version 2.5.5278.17646 - Released June 14, 2014
    • Written in VB.Net 2013, 100% managed code.
    • Converted plug-in to new WeatherBug Pulse API

UltraWeatherBug now available from the HomeSeer Updater!
    Last edited by Ultrajones; June 14, 2014, 09:53 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

[ ScreenShots ]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; October 17, 2009, 05:21 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

[ ScreenShots ]
      Attached Files

Comment

Which stations

Ultrajones,

Does it support all major city's, which can be requested on this webpage: http://weather.weatherbug.com/Nether...6286&stat=EHAM

Would be nice!
        Is there a document available how to set-up the package?

Comment

I am currently working on the quickstart guide and the UltraWeatherBug documentation.

The plug-in should work with any WeatherBug station. I tried a few stations listed in Alkmaar, Netherlands and it appears to work fine. Here is a sceenshot of one of those stations:
          Attached Files

Comment

Got it all setup. Very nice. I did find that I needed to restart my PC, not just restart HS to be able to configure the plug-in. Probably should have saved the error message.

Is there a way to the the high and low forecast temp into a device? I know I can use today's, but see nothing for tomorrow's.

Comment

Originally posted by Msekelsky View Post
              Got it all setup. Very nice. I did find that I needed to restart my PC, not just restart HS to be able to configure the plug-in. Probably should have saved the error message.

Is there a way to the the high and low forecast temp into a device? I know I can use today's, but see nothing for tomorrow's.
              Sure, I can add an option to create a HomeSeer device for the forecast highs and lows.

Comment

That would be great! I want to set up some events depending on what the temp will be overnight, so that should do the trick.

Comment

Comment

Hello. If the value reported for a HomeSeer device is numeric, then the plug-in should already be rounding it and updating the HomeSeer device with that value. I'll double-check that is working as expected.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                      Hello. If the value reported for a HomeSeer device is numeric, then the plug-in should already be rounding it and updating the HomeSeer device with that value. I'll double-check that is working as expected.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

wouldn't be more useful if the value also reported 57? After that who cares what the string says, that's just the display and should loook pretty.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Comment

The device string and device value do not hold the same values. You are correct, the device string would hold the temperature icon along with 57 °F. However, the device value will only contain the numeric value 57. The device value is what you should use to do temperature calculations in your scripts.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Very nice plug-in!

I also vote for the forecast temps (high and low), and forecast rain % as devices. My needs are only for tomorrows forecast. Others may need further out.

As an explanation to any who are interested, I am trying to set up some complex conditions for controlling a whole house fan and 2 HVAC units based on inside temps, outside temps, and forecasted temps.

Comment

Working...
                              X