Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the names of rooms/floors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change the names of rooms/floors?

I may be missing something obvious, but how do I change the name of a room or floor in homeseer? I found the setting to change the labels "room" and "floor" but as far as the names in each category it seems I can only add to the list.

Are you referring to "Location 1" and "Location 2" as modifiers to the device list? You can only explicitly add to the list, but the list consists only of designations that you have actually assigned to a device. If you change the designation of all devices so none of them has 'basement' as a designation, for example, then 'basement' will disappear from the list.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks.

As a follow up question, where is stuff like this stored? Does homeseer work off a SQL database? Is it in xml files somewhere? I'd love to be able to access the configuration data directly and be able to do mass changes with sql or a text editor instead of clicking through the web interface.

Comment

I think the locations (and a load more info) are kept in the settings.ini file in the config directory, events and devices are in the access database also in the config directory.

Comment

Working...
        X