Global Cache GC-100 and iTach - UltraGCIR HSPI Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache GC-100 and iTach - UltraGCIR HSPI Development

I am writing a new plug-in (UltraGCIR) to support the Global Cache IR products (GC-100 and iTach IR). I have a lot to learn about how IR is used in home automation. For my purposes, I want to be able to control my TV, Tivo and AV receiver via HomeSeer.

The plug-in will automatically discover the Global Cache network devices and will build a HomeSeer device indicating network status and module status. The plug-in will use the same TCP/IP methods I developed for the Elk M1 plug-in that I wrote to ensure reliable IR communication.

If you have a Global Cache IR product and would like to provide suggestions, please post them here.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Hey Ultrajones - I have a GC100 - never really got the most out of it as the HS plugin is terrible, but really interested in what your doing. I use the relays and IR control. Let me know if you need testing feedback

Jon

Comment

I'd also like to help with testing. I've also got some interesting code I can share with you that might be useful for some more advance features. A long time ago I wrote some software that looked at remote central's website, and let you see devices and IR codes that went with each. It let you build files to update to the ocelot and add repeats if needed as well as some other useful things, built the homeseer codes files so you didn't need to name each IR slot etc.

I never had the time to put in the work to make it a plug-in like I had originally though of.

Anyhow I modified it at some point to use the Global Cache codes instead of the LIR codes. So basically the part that might be useful is scraping from remote centrals site.

A feature that I'd like you to look out for if it's even possible is that some remotes have codes that change between a pair of them. My Att uverse remote does this. It alternates A codes or B codes for each IR command sent and each button has two codes. This makes it a bit of a mess, and I had to write a script to keep track and send the right ones.

I've got 3 global cache devices, so if you could make sure you write this in a manor that is scalable.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Volunteer tester for iTach WF2CC

First I am surprised that HomeSeer is selling iTach at their web site and there is no plug-in for it yet.
        Is this correct? Are you looking to develop the first ever plug-in for iTach or just looking to develop "a better mouse trap" ?
        Let me know if you need help testing it. I am buying WF2CC.

Thanks,

Z

Comment

Will this plugin also manage the contact closure ITach devices (IP2CC and WF2CC)?

Comment

Are you Connected With barry gordon? He is in my View The most knowledgde about IR HomeSeer etc.?

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            I am writing a new plug-in (UltraGCIR) to support the Global Cache IR products (GC-100 and iTach IR). I have a lot to learn about how IR is used in home automation. For my purposes, I want to be able to control my TV, Tivo and AV receiver via HomeSeer.

The plug-in will automatically discover the Global Cache network devices and will build a HomeSeer device indicating network status and module status. The plug-in will use the same TCP/IP methods I developed for the Elk M1 plug-in that I wrote to ensure reliable IR communication.

If you have a Global Cache IR product and would like to provide suggestions, please post them here.

Thank you.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Best,
            Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Any update on this plug-in? I agree the current HS plug-in is terrible.

Comment

I am activley working on this again. I have 2 iTech IR units and 1 GC-100 unit for testing. I just sent my GC-100 in for a firmware upgrade and hope to have it back within a week.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Would love to check this out when you're done. I have 3 GC units if you need someone to help test when you have more than one unit.
                  Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Ultrajones,

-Bob

Comment

Originally posted by zoza696969 View Post
                      First I am surprised that HomeSeer is selling iTach at their web site and there is no plug-in for it yet.
                      Is this correct?
                      That is incorrect. We updated the GC100 plug-in to work with the iTach unit as soon as we added it to our online store. The plug-in works with the WF2IR and WF2CC iTach units. No plug-in is required for the WF2SL unit since that's basically a WiFi to RS232 converter.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

I have decided to not use the HomeSeer IR facility and to provide a standalone IR solution allowing it to support multiple IR units and the ability to import data from the Global Cache iLearn.exe program

This is fantastic. So this means that we will be able to use usbuirt or bc4-hs with homeseer IR, and as many itachs as we want with your plugin?

I see no problem with the overall approach.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Yes, I guess it does :-)

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                              Will this plugin also manage the contact closure ITach devices (IP2CC and WF2CC)?
                              Yes. It will also report the open/closed status of the WF2IR and IP2IR when the IR is configured as a sensor.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X