This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user - Question about trial and HouseLinc

I currently use the SmartHome HouseLinc program for automation. Like it, but I'd like to get more advanced with things and Homeseer looks to be a possible solution.

I got the Insteon Plug-in working with my hardware.

I also realize that I cannot run both at the same time, so my question is this:

If I close down HouseLinc and start to add/configure my Insteon devices, will this affect anything. For example, if I get Homeseer fully integrated and decide it's not for me, can I go back to HouseLinc as if nothing changed or does it affect all my devices?

Thank you for the advice?

Welcome to the HS message board. I'm not sure anyone if left here that runs or ran HouseLinc so you may want to backup your current configuration in case you need it in the future.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by clarkes71 View Post
      I currently use the SmartHome HouseLinc program for automation. Like it, but I'd like to get more advanced with things and Homeseer looks to be a possible solution.

I got the Insteon Plug-in working with my hardware.

I also realize that I cannot run both at the same time, so my question is this:

If I close down HouseLinc and start to add/configure my Insteon devices, will this affect anything. For example, if I get Homeseer fully integrated and decide it's not for me, can I go back to HouseLinc as if nothing changed or does it affect all my devices?

Thank you for the advice?
      Homeseer and Houselinc write a different set of links to each device. so if you go back to houselinc you will need to figure out which of the links are not needed and delete them.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am also new user here and have Insteon running with Houselinc software. I am evaluating Homeseer as a replacement. I just started testing and have been able to add the PLM (2413U) and I can command X10 modules. However I am unable to link any Insteon devices. I have tried to link two different motion sensors so far and the Plugin cannot find them. I have tried both entering the address manually and the Tap- add option. Is there any issue with the devices being previosuly set up on Houselinc? I.e do the devices need to be reset, etc?

Thanks
        David

Comment

Working...
        X