X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes DAAP - Feature Requests

Use this thread to ask for new features

It will be great to have a pause when ever there a TTS annoucement then re start where it left off. Maybe aim asking too much but, it will be cool if it restarted in a gradual maner, increasing vol. until it reaches it set vol.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      It will be great to have a pause when ever there a TTS annoucement then re start where it left off. Maybe aim asking too much but, it will be cool if it restarted in a gradual maner, increasing vol. until it reaches it set vol.
      This is done in version 3.0.0.3
      There is a setting in the config page to pause iTunes when HS is speaking. When hs has finished speaking music is restarted in a gradual maner.

Warning: if you set this new setting to "Yes" and if you use Airplay Speak plugin, then in the Airplay Speak config page you will need to set "Forward speak events to HS speakers" to No, otherwise the TTS annoucements will be send twice to the HS speaker clients, because in this case both plugins are acting as speak proxies.

Comment

Is there a more detailed user guide for this plugin? Such as any scripting options, triggers or actions? I'm not on HS3 yet but plan to be soon. Is there an option to rate songs so that my iTunes library reflects that new rating? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          Is there a more detailed user guide for this plugin? Such as any scripting options, triggers or actions? I'm not on HS3 yet but plan to be soon. Is there an option to rate songs so that my iTunes library reflects that new rating? Thanks
          I have a added some more details to the User Guide, there is no specific iTunes triggers or actions, but as explained in the guide you can use the device values to trigger and perform some iTunes actions.
          If there is something specific you would like to do, but you can't do it that way, just ask, and I will see if I can add it.

Currently there is no option to rate songs, but I could for example add a rating device which would give the rating of the song currently played, and I could add some plus and minus buttons to decrease or increase the rating of this song. Would that fit your needs?

As for scripting, there is no specific scripting functions implemented, but as for triggers and actions, I think you can use the devices (through the Device Control API = CAPI) to script some iTunes actions.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the response. I'll have to try it out. It'd be nice to have the rating up/down feature. Glad to see we now have a way of controller Airplay Devices!

Comment

How do I use it with HS Touch?

I am completely stuck. With the ITunes or Media Player Plugin in HS2, it would give me music controls so I could display and select easily using list controls. I cant figure out how to do so in HS3 with HStouch and this plugin. Any help is appreciated.
              HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
                I am completely stuck. With the ITunes or Media Player Plugin in HS2, it would give me music controls so I could display and select easily using list controls. I cant figure out how to do so in HS3 with HStouch and this plugin. Any help is appreciated.
                The music/media API has changed a lot in HS3, and HST hasn't provided yet a lot of info about how to implement the new API and how it integrates with HSTouch, so right now this plugin doesn''t implement the media API. Of course this is something I'm going to add soon, I just need HST to give more details.

With the current version of the plugin what you can do in HSTouch is:
                (a) use the iTunes DAAP devices to provide basic controls within HSTouch : Play, pause, volume, display what's currently playing, etc..
                (b) integrate the web player interface (http://<your_hs_ip>/itunesdaapplayer) as is in HSTouch

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  The music/media API has changed a lot in HS3, and HST hasn't provided yet a lot of info about how to implement the new API and how it integrates with HSTouch, so right now this plugin doesn''t implement the media API. Of course this is something I'm going to add soon, I just need HST to give more details.

With the current version of the plugin what you can do in HSTouch is:
                  (a) use the iTunes DAAP devices to provide basic controls within HSTouch : Play, pause, volume, display what's currently playing, etc..
                  (b) integrate the web player interface (http://<your_hs_ip>/itunesdaapplayer) as is in HSTouch
                  Thanks for the info. Ill implement the web player interface for now on the control screens, but would love to see the functionality similar to the hs iTunes HS2 plugin, where you can just drag/drop overlay (which sounds like is a WIP). Many thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
                  HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Playlist action

Could you add an event action to play a playlist? Other action requests would then be to play an album, artist or genre. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by djmilez View Post
                      Could you add an event action to play a playlist? Other action requests would then be to play an album, artist or genre. Thanks.
                      sure, I'm going to add these kind of actions as soon as I can.

Comment

Spud,

Would it be possible to add a feature similar to what you did in XBMC to allow a song to be played from an event?

let me know what you think.

Cheers Ken
                        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                          Spud,

Would it be possible to add a feature similar to what you did in XBMC to allow a song to be played from an event?

let me know what you think.

Cheers Ken
                          I'm working on this. I will post a new version of the plugin probably some time this week. Stay tuned.

Comment

new version 3.0.0.4

in version 3.0.0.4 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161658 I have added 3 actions:
                            - Play Playlist
                            - Play Artist
                            - Play Album

Click image for larger version

Name:	playplaylist.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1170992

Click image for larger version

Name:	playartist.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1170991
                            Last edited by spud; December 31, 2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Multiple Itunes Instances

Not a plugin purchaser yet as I've haven't migrated to HS3, but soon!

I'm wondering if it would be possible to control multiple instances of iTunes. I'm still figuring out how to plan my whole house audio and since this can direct output to multiple airplay speakers it seems like a great fit (just need to make sure every room has an airplay device). Right now I'm even experimenting with making my android in wall touchscreens show up as airplay devices and it seems to work great.

Now if I could control a second instance of iTunes, I could provide different streams to different rooms. Just dreaming here but that would be very cool.

I suppose a second request would be for you to look at DACP control. If this could make my Apple Tv boxes play content, that would be really great.

Comment

Working...
                              X