Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming back from the dark side! :)

Hi All,

I was interested in getting homeseer quite some time ago. I've been on Smartthings for a while now and you may know it's had a lot of instability.

From what I can tell, what I want to run is supported except for a few i'm not sure about.

I can see Lifx is supported and I can run that to be turned on with an AEON multisensor 6 (motion detected and if lux < x).

Sonos - general house announcements

but the following i'm not sure how it works or if it works:

Presence - via mobile phone ?
    Modes - I'm assuming homeseer has different house modes (i'm sure it does or has something similiar to run different rules etc... just want to be sure)

Blue Iris - arming/disarming - based on presence?

sensibo - infrared split system control

Plex integration - monitor plex playing status and set a movie mode etc

Server - I have a pretty powerful laptop running blue iris and another very powerful plex server. They are all on the same lan, though my plex server has a vpn running on it. I'm assuming I could install Homeseer hs3 on either of these and it would be able to access blue iris and or plex?

Finally - i can see that homeseer does not support zigbee - is that right? my only issue is my front door lock is zigbee... so i'd have to replace that.

i really appreciate your help

Thank you

Originally posted by dj_siek View Post
    Hi All,

I was interested in getting homeseer quite some time ago. I've been on Smartthings for a while now and you may know it's had a lot of instability.

From what I can tell, what I want to run is supported except for a few i'm not sure about.

I can see Lifx is supported and I can run that to be turned on with an AEON multisensor 6 (motion detected and if lux < x).

Sonos - general house announcements

but the following i'm not sure how it works or if it works:

Presence - via mobile phone ?
    Modes - I'm assuming homeseer has different house modes (i'm sure it does or has something similiar to run different rules etc... just want to be sure)

Blue Iris - arming/disarming - based on presence?

sensibo - infrared split system control

Plex integration - monitor plex playing status and set a movie mode etc

Server - I have a pretty powerful laptop running blue iris and another very powerful plex server. They are all on the same lan, though my plex server has a vpn running on it. I'm assuming I could install Homeseer hs3 on either of these and it would be able to access blue iris and or plex?

Finally - i can see that homeseer does not support zigbee - is that right? my only issue is my front door lock is zigbee... so i'd have to replace that.

i really appreciate your help

Thank you

Presence: BLLAN, or IFTTT or lock user codes.

Modes: home , away, etc- I use IFTTT with events. Search the forum. There is a thread on this. For some modes, I use the lock code to tell HS who is home. Like when kids or Cleaners come.

Blue Iris and Plex can both be used with HS I believe. There are threads on this. I don't use these so I don't know exact details. Some to run HS on the same machine, but the growing trend for the last few years has been to run HS separately on dedicated low powered pc.

Zigbee: no support right now, but it is the next big thing HS tech is supposed to work on.

Hopefully others can chime in on the rest.

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

The short answer for the list of plugins :http://www.homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins.html

After that you are spoilt for choice. Take small steps and you will achieve your goals. If you are not ready to dish out any money on a dedicated server for HomeSeer then any of your laptops will do. You can test the software before you buy.
      Always ask any questions here and they will be answered.

Otherwise welcome to HomeSeer!

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; March 19, 2016, 05:10 PM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Welcome to HomeSeer!

I personally use virtual devices for home/away type status. I use look codes, wifi connectivity and an awesome plugin that does geofency ng and location management called PHLocation to determine occupancy and location.

Sorry. It looks like you may need a new lock. Zigbee is pretty convoluted apparently and it's difficult for the HomeSeer folks to bring integration. Who knows what the future will hold though.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

so you can determine who is on your wifi and run rules based on that - very cool!

thank you all for your replies. I'll get reading.

Comment

Working...
          X