Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old September 19th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Seer Deluxe
Programming Insteon Motion Sensor

My wife has told me she no longer wants the bathroom vanity light to come on after a certain time at night - she bought one of those stupid bathroom bowl LED lights, and says that's all we need at night. (OK, not so stupid, it's kinda purdy, and she has Lupus, so the less light the better).

Anyway, the vanity light is controlled by an Insteon Motion Sensor. So at night I want to change its settings to either NOT CONTROL THE VANITY LIGHT AT ALL or at least transmit an ON to 0%. Not sure, but I suspect this is a scripting thing? If so, I'm screwed.
Old September 19th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Insteon Overlord
I suppose you could set the vanity light link (from the MS) to an on level of 0%. this is supported. it depends if you are expecting the vanity lights to come on during the day.

you can't have two different links from the MS to the vanity lights device for different times of the day.

otherwise, you would need to unlink the MS from the vanity lights and setup triggers and events to make this logic happen. you don't need scripting.

hope this helps

HS3 Pro
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory