Using Google Home with HomeSeer using IFTTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
    Steve, are you trying to get Google Home talking to HomeSeer or Google Home talking to Lutron? My goal was the former, but maybe you have a different use case. I just want to make sure there isn't a misunderstanding. I don't know what kind of interface the Lutron hub has, but likely both are possible.
    What I would like to do is get HS3 talking to the Lutron hub. I currently control my security cameras via JSON commands directly from HS3. It should be possible to do something similar with the lutron hub. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just ON and OFF to a few devices.

What do you think?

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Ha-bridge is emulating a Phillips Hue hub. This is because Echo and Google Home have native integrations for them from the start. It makes them think that they are talking to a Hue hub, but really it will forward a command to another system. In our case we put in JSON commands to talk to HS3.

So, I don't think that this will apply to your use case.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

I apologize for taking this thread off track. I just mention that I am using ha-bridge while waiting for the direct interface. Once the direct interface is here that will be much better as there is won't be any tedious setup needed. My only hope is that this communicates on the LAN instead of the cloud.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I'm the one who derailed the thread.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Great info in this thread! Thanks for sharing everyone...some of my own questions were answered

Comment

Works great. Had to root my Galaxy S7 to get google assistant working.

Works great with homeseer. I originally had geofencing setup with PHLocation but sometimes I dont want to park the car in the garage. Will be easier to just say "Ok google, tell my home I'm coming home".

Comment

Looking for some assistance...

Can someone explain #2 of the process? Where do I create this channel? I'm not finding any channel in IFTTT. Is this created in HomeSeer somewhere?

2) If you don't have a HomeSeer channel, create one and log in using your MyHS credentials that are assigned to the HomeSeer system you want to control.
                Thank you very much,
                Jay

Comment

Working...
                X