This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wemo Plugin Description

This plugin is designed to work with Homeseer 3 and provide instant integration capabilites with Belkin Wemo based devices. At this time switches, plugs, and dimmers have been included and more device types are in testing to be added. The plugin uses an event subscription so that the devices notify the plugin the instant a state change happens, allowing rapid resonses by Homeseer. The plugin requires that Homeseer is on the same network as the Wemo devices.
    • Auto Discover local Belkin Wemo Devices
    • Event based device monitoring allows for instant updates of device state
    • Control or respond to; Wemo Plugs, Switches, and Dimmers
    • Link Wemo devices to other Homeseer devices
    • Trigger Homeseer events from a wemo switch

For those that aren't familiar. Wemo devices are a line of home automation products by Belkin. The draw is that they are all Wifi and IP address controlled. No need for a Zwave or Zigbee hub, they connect right to your home wifi network. For a list of Wemo devices check out http://www.belkin.com/us/Products/ho...me-automation/

Someone said usage ideas, so I'll post a few.
    • My home office light switch is a wemo dimmer. When I get up and the morning and walk into my office, the motion detection from homeseer intefacing with my house security system fires an event to turn on my office lights @ 5% and then slowly fade the brightness up to 50% over the next 2 minutes.
    • During Christmas time, we plugged all our Christmas lights into several Wemo plugs and had Homeseer turn on the lights at sunset and turn them off when I set the house alarm for Arm-Stay when I goto bed at night.
    • My entry light switch is a Wemo light switch, that when I open the front door, Homeseer detects the door open and turns on the light for me.
    • I've replaced my gas-log fireplace switch with a Wemo light switch and now I can have the house turn on the fireplace with just my voice.

These are just a few ideas, so far I have all my outside light switches are Wemo and a lot of Wemo plugs around the house control various appliances or lamps.

Basically anything you would normally do with a smart switch or plug is now a possibility with Wemo wifi controlled automation devices.

Comment

Hi,

I cannot seem to access the Wemo plugin from the Manage Plugins UI.

I see the spinning wait icon and the following text in the lighting plugin listing:

Wait Wemo Waiting for Server...
      Release Info Unknown XXXXXXXX Unknown Unknown

Is the Wemo plugin server down?

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Advansys View Post
        Hi,

I cannot seem to access the Wemo plugin from the Manage Plugins UI.

I see the spinning wait icon and the following text in the lighting plugin listing:

Wait Wemo Waiting for Server...
        Release Info Unknown XXXXXXXX Unknown Unknown

Is the Wemo plugin server down?

Thanks,

Greg
        There is no Wemo plugin server. The Wemo plugin only talks directly to the Wemo devices. Sounds to me like you have a hung process. Try rebooting your homeseer box to see if that helps. If it still doesn't help, let me know and We'll try to figure this out.

Comment

IOS App

I'm in my 30-day trial of this plugin and LOVE IT! Thanks for doing this!

Only issue I see is that I while I can see the devices in my mobile IOS app, I cannot control them. I get to the "on/off" screen and nothing happens.

???

thx.

bill

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
            I'm in my 30-day trial of this plugin and LOVE IT! Thanks for doing this!

Only issue I see is that I while I can see the devices in my mobile IOS app, I cannot control them. I get to the "on/off" screen and nothing happens.

???

thx.

bill
            works for Android, perhaps you should get rid of that crazy Apple product, LOL. Kidding of course. I'll look into it to see if I can see what's going on. I'll have to borrow my brothers iPhone to test with. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

Maybe a silly question, but has anyone set up "long-press" in homeseer with these switches? The wemo app lets you do a long press to control other wemo devices under rules, so think it should be possible and I'm struggling from inexperience.

Comment

Originally posted by legorick View Post
                Maybe a silly question, but has anyone set up "long-press" in homeseer with these switches? The wemo app lets you do a long press to control other wemo devices under rules, so think it should be possible and I'm struggling from inexperience.
                As of now, the plugin does not support long-press. The appropriate API hooks don't appear to be available yet. The long-press rules are for the devices to send events to each other and not back to a 3rd party controller.

Comment

kingfetty - Can i see the code for the Wemo plugin and see if it's possible I can develop a plugin for Iotty wifi switches? Iotty uses the same thing wemo uses as they are all controlled by way of WIFI and IP Address.

Comment

hs4 latest version 4.1.15.0

now my wemo devices in HS4 dont respond to changes in my ios wemo app. In ios app, i change a wemo socket to on and the device in HS4 tied to it DOES NOT change state.

if in hs4 I click ON on the wemo plugin device, it does make the wemo swithc turn on.

seems the communication is suddenly 1 way (hs4 to wemo outlets). the wemo plugin config page is all correct for my devices.

help?

Comment

Working...
                    X