GlobalCache Serial Reconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GlobalCache Serial Reconnect

Is there any way to make Homeseer "reconnect" the Global Cache serial module when it starts? It seems to almost always be disconnected after I restart Homeseer, requiring me to manually reconnect it.

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by Mike Johnson View Post
    Is there any way to make Homeseer "reconnect" the Global Cache serial module when it starts? It seems to almost always be disconnected after I restart Homeseer, requiring me to manually reconnect it.

Thanks,
    Mike
    HI Mike.

I think you have 2 options here.

No.1 :Add this to your startup script,

Dim e
    e=hs.OpenComPort(4,"9600,n,8,1",2,"","")
    if e<> "" then
    hs.writelog "Error opening COM4 (Global Cache serial module) ",e
    else
    hs.writelog "COM4", "Comport 4 open (Global Cache serial module)"
    end if

You will heed to change the comport number to the one you use.

No.2 : Upgrade to Global Cache plug-in Version 4. Info availalble here.

I Hope this helps

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, No. 2 is not an option (see below). No. 1 might be, but I'm not sure exactly how to implement it.

No. 1 - UltraGCIR doesn't require a com port redirector, so I don't know how to determine what COM port would be correct, if any. The serial port is referenced as SERIAL Module 1:1 [GlobalCache SERIAL 1:1]. I don't know how to reference that in the script. I'm assuming (hoping) there is a way since it can be manually reconnected on the Status page.

No. 2 - The Homeseer Global Cache plugin does not support IR reception via the serial port on the GC-100. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150041#11

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

I have not yet figured out how I want to implement the automatic reconnect for the Global Cache serial modules. In the mean time, you can simple add an event that uses a Device Value action of "Reconnect". You could also add an event condition so it only runs the action if the device "Is or Has Been Status: Disconnect, Condition: Currently"

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

It took me a while to get around to trying this, but I've added an event and I'm running it from the startup script. I may have it working now, but I experienced some trouble with consistency. For some reason, it doesn't always connect. Sometimes it comes up with a Status of "Reconnect". Sometimes it's "Disconnected" Other times it will connect.

I've added a 1 minute delay to the Event Action, which seems to have worked, at least so far. Are there any dependencies for the reconnection to work and, if so, can they be assigned to the event?

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

As you discovered, you need to delay the reconnect until after the plug-in detects the GC connected to the network (usually less than 1 minute).

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

OK. That's sort of what I figured was happening, but I varied the time and got inconsistent results. I guess the connection to the network is not consistent, or so it seems, because with shorter times, sometimes it would still reconnect, but other times not. And even occasionally it would be connected right after startup, well before my event ran.

Is there any way to detect the network connection in the script and not execute the event until after network connection? Not that it's necessary, the one minute seems to work fine, I guess.

Mike

Comment

Is there a way to issue a serial reconnect command as a script?

I have it setup now using device action under homeseer but I would like to add a bit more complexity than homeseer allows.

Comment

Working...
                X