How do I know that IP2IR is actually sending the command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know that IP2IR is actually sending the command

Pretty sure I have it setup right with Panasonic codes I loaded from text files in this forum. I run an event, but cannot tell if the power on command is actually coming through the IR cable. All I know if nothing actually happens. On the back of the IP2IR there are 3 ports with LED's but they do not turn on. Not sure if they are supposed to. The HS log shows the event ran, but no other logs

thanks

Have you tried executing the IR Command from the PI's "IR Devices" Tab rather than from the event? Also, do any other IR commands work or are you sure your blaster is working correctly?

Comment

thanks. How do you know if the ip2ir is working if the only indicator is the correct ir code. Is there anyway that I can confirm an ir signal is even being sent. I only have Panasonic codes loaded and this is my first setup so haven't used it before and not sure what to expect other than a result from the device you are trying to control. The status page and PI are OK and it sees the IP2IR.

thanks

Comment

When Sending IR codes The green light above the IR channel you select should blink when commands are sent

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

mpovolo, how did you make out?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Surprisingly got some things working. After some trial an error in formatting of the commands into the PI as GC format. What I haven't got working is the IR input on the IP2IR. Supposedly by using iLearn, I can point a remote to this tiny hole in the back and it should register the IR command into the app. Not successful yet.

Comment

Re: How do I know that IP2IR is actually sending the command

I don't own the IP2IR, but two GC-100's which use the serial port and require a GC-IRE (extender) adapter to enable IR Trigger functionality. I'm not sure if the IP2IR's have this integrated or require additional hardware.

When learning IR trigger codes for HS events, you should be able to do this directly from the UltraJones PI page under the "IR Trigger" tab. You wouldn't necessarily need Global Cache's iLearn program under this scenerio. Also, you may have to first select the module you're using for this and then chose reconnect from its control column. See pages 12-14 of UltraJones user manual for a better explaination.

Comment

Re: How do I know that IP2IR is actually sending the command

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
                Surprisingly got some things working. After some trial an error in formatting of the commands into the PI as GC format. What I haven't got working is the IR input on the IP2IR. Supposedly by using iLearn, I can point a remote to this tiny hole in the back and it should register the IR command into the app. Not successful yet.
                I was never able to get my ip2ir to see it commands. I always found it easier to use the gc-irl to learn the commands from a remote. Cheers ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Ken, can the IP2IR be used to trigger events via IR input? Is additional hardware needed?

Comment

I have never been able to get it to trigger events from ir. I started adding more gc/100 with the ire connected. I haven't been real happy with the ip2ir

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure the IP2IR can do that. You can change the jacks on the back to inputs instead of outputs and connect and IR receiver, but there is no software on the device to send any commands back to HS to run the event.

Comment

Working...
                      X