Adding devices to Scenes isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding devices to Scenes isn't working

I recently discovered that our Scene Management isn't working in Homeseer. All of our current scenes exist, displaying devices, levels, etc. However, the device field (to add a device to a scene) is completely empty. Because of this, I cannot add a device to an existing scene or a newly created scene.

Has anyone experienced this? Any recommendations on resolving the issue? I did install the latest Z-wave beta plugin, with no success.

I did call support, who recommended me using events and not scenes to accomplish my task. I can certainly do this, but would prefer to have this feature working where all lights in a "scene" can change at the same time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by masterstyx; December 28, 2017, 03:49 PM.

I too am interested in using z-wave scenes. I've been into the plugin under scenes and am not able to add any devices to the scene. The dropdown is empty. I'm on ver 3.0.1.184 of the plugin.

My need is also that when I need to control several devices as a group, that they all react at the same time. When I try to control several from an event, I have very noticeable delays.

Hoping for a fix in the near future.

Comment

Same for me on 3.0.1.190. Anyone open a ticket yet?

Comment

Same problem here. I've opened a bugzilla bug and they claim it's not broken.

https://forums.homeseer.com/bugzilla...ug.cgi?id=3582

I have a help desk ticket open also. We'll see...

Comment

Oh it is busted alright. I have dozens of devices and now suddenly I can't edit my scenes effectively.

There should be over 20 devices listed in the drop down but I one have 2!

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing. Interesting thing is the only visible item in the list for me now is "Fibaro Application Status". Seems like the posts I've seen have Fibaro as a commonality.

Comment

Have you guys tried this setting. I got the info from the first sentence here. https://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Wav...ice_to_control
              Attached Files

Comment

That just gets the drop down to list devices that shouldn't be there.
                Still a problem!

Comment

Still a problem.

Devices still not showing. I have updated my plugins. What is HS saying about this. This is a big deal?

Comment

I have had to start working around using the Scenes by setting each device individually.

Comment

Comment

+1 for this. Yikes - major issue. This seems to have happened after I moved to a new PC. Not sure if I upgraded the plugin.

running 3.0.1.190

Homeseer please help!

Comment

Updated HS and the ZWave Plugin for the first time in over a year so I could try the new mobile beta. After doing this (not sure if it was HS or ZWave update), my device drop down is empty in manage scenes as well with the exception of a couple of non-scene capable devices - basically same behavior you all are seeing.

Also, I tried to change the behavior of a scene from "dim to 60%" to just "turn on," but after saving and deploying, it was still set on the dim. I confirmed this both at my scene controllers and by using the poll for scene command on the zwave tab in my 5-button controllers.

Finally, this last update messed up all of the scene vs device and controller button reconciliation I had going on in the background. I had several events to ensure the device and the controller buttons that manage scenes associated with it, all stayed in sync. They've worked perfectly for 3-4 years. After the update, I woke the next morning to find all these devices dimming on and off non stop. I disabled all of these events to stop the cycling. This morning I spent about an hour testing different methods to achieve what I had before and finally have it working on one set (two 5-button controllers and one dimmer) so they all stay in sync, but will give it a few days to see of it acts up again.
                          John
                          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I opened a ticket with HS support for this. They said my devices are probably not scene compatible and that previous versions were allowing non-scene compatible devices to show up in the drop-down even though they weren't scene compatible. They sure SEEM like they were scene compatible because they were included in scenes and working just fine before the upgrade. They also told me scenes as a concept are the old way of doing things and that I should just control my lights through individual device control calls.

I don't really have a problem with doing it this way. It's been kind of a pain to re-shuffle everything. I pretty much just made new events for every "scene" (for example, I have a "Dim Lights" event) then I call those "scene events" from other events as if I were calling a scene.

The things that annoys me is that they won't acknowledge this as a bug. It's just kind of a sloppy change.

Comment

That's a rather silly response. I have dozens of Cooper Aspire devices and they are all scene capable, but none are showing up.

I need to use scenes because I have several virtual 3 and 4 way switches/dimmers that I'd prefer work without HomeSeer in the HS is ever down.

That said, since moving HS the computer it is currently on, probably over 2 years ago, it's never crashed and my robust UPS system has gotten in through even 3-4 hour power outages.
                              John
                              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                              X