Thermostat Mode Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Mode Control

Since I upgraded to the latest version, I no longer can control the thermostat mode thru homeseer. Setpoints and Fan control still work just fine though. If I change the mode to off from cool (or anything to anything) homeseer will update to off but the thermostat never does. About a minute later when homeseer polls the thermostat, it will also go back to cool.

Any Ideas? It seems to be just the mode part doing this.

Chrkov

Only thing I can suggest is to turn on the debug and grab the serial protocol doco and send the command and see what the DEBUG says....

What thermostat are you using, I'm using the RCS TR40.

I've had some issues where the thermostat has missed the setpoint setting, this could be potentially due to the error I'm seeing when the thing is in celcius mode, not sure. IN the end to be safe, I've setup a number of "comfort" levels on the ELK under automation tasks and I tell HS to run the tasks... this works 100%...

Cheers..Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ultra,

Any ideas on this? Can you reproduce the problem? I tried deleting the devices and recreated them and still have the same issue. Just the mode does not work.

Help.

Chris

Comment

I just tested mine and it works fine with an HAI thermostat. I am using UltraM1G version 1.1.2756.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Just tested it on my setup, I have the magic box with 4 TS40's connected to it, and reporting via rs485 through the elk.
          Set it to "cool" mode:
          7/31/2007 5:16:02 PM Info Device: Sitting Room Thermostat 01 [Sitting Room] Mode (%1) Value set to 2
          Verified on the thermostat I set, and it was set from "auto" to "cool"

Set it back to auto on the TStat, now the status shows "Unknown" on the status page.

Comment

Working...
          X