This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup question

A buddy of mine just got into Homeseer and setup pro last week.
    He hasn't slept since

I was looking into implementing this for him and had some question as I'm not very familiar with Itunes generally.

He has Apple TV and its connected to his tv and his receiver so he can play his Itunes library to his receiver that way. To use hstouch, I was thinking maybe I could setup an event to turn on AppleTV and the receiver and select to play Itunes. The next step would hypothetically be to run this plugin in order to access the playlists and all that stuff.

Does this sound right or am I missing the whole point here.

Obviously I want him to be able to use hstouch to play his itunes library through his main receiver but wasn't sure if this method was feasible of if there's another way.

Thanks
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
    He has Apple TV and its connected to his tv and his receiver so he can play his Itunes library to his receiver that way. To use hstouch, I was thinking maybe I could setup an event to turn on AppleTV and the receiver and select to play Itunes. The next step would hypothetically be to run this plugin in order to access the playlists and all that stuff.

Does this sound right or am I missing the whole point here.

Obviously I want him to be able to use hstouch to play his itunes library through his main receiver but wasn't sure if this method was feasible of if there's another way.

Thanks
    I'm not an iTunes user either but as far as I can gather, the plugin can only control your app running on your HS PC. Perhaps setting up the airplay somehow can get the music onto the Apple TV but I doubt you could control all of that from the PI. I'll let others chime in.

What I did, I had an Apple TV2 lying around, rooted it, put XBMC on it and can now play video and music to it from my DLNA plugin. Haven't played with it a lot, it all works when I first start the XBMC app on the apple TV, don't think there is a way to have it all start by itself as you suggested (turn on apple TV, receiver, TV ....)

Dirk

Comment

Yeah that's where I'm a little confused too.
      I'm asking myself where does it play to...just the pc?
      I'll do some more research.

I want him to get Sonos but he's running of cash quick
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Hey Mario, thanks for helping me out.

Comment

Working...
        X